Innovv C3 - radio interference

Scruit

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got and installed an Innovv C3. When it is plugged in to power I get radio interference listening to FM. The moment I unplug the device the interference goes away.

Is this a known problem?

I have a handsfree bluetooth that connects to my iphone and transmits pandora music to my car stereo using FM.

When the C3 is plugged in I can hear interference on the FM signal. When the C3 is unplugged the interference goes away instantly.

I'll try a different power supply tonight, and I have some ferrites I can attach.

Yes, the antenna is in the back glass and the camera is installed facing backwards, so the recorder is near the back glass. I ran a gs1000 for a couple of years attached to the back glass with no problems, though.

I'll try the ferrite on both ends of the power cable and see if that helps. I wonder if the power cable is shielded. also.

Ran it with no power plugged in, no interference.

Can you run the power line to the other side? (assuming it's following the antenna line that travels to the front radio) I have a X2 dual channel customer with the same problem as you, and the problem went away when they ran the rear camera wire along the opposite side of the antenna wire. They said the Ferrite helped too.

Back