Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

Not wishing to start another debate / argument about usb sockets, but will the C3 have a standard 5 pin or the 8 pin?
If I mount the camera body under the seat on my bike and wire it as a dashcam (on & off with ign) I won't want a long power cable which I would need to tuck out of the way somewhere. 50cm would be more than enough in my case. While on the subject, I don't have a cigarette lighter socket on my bike so a different kind of power adapter, which I could wire in would be better.

Frank

Not wishing to start another debate / argument about usb sockets, but will the C3 have a standard 5 pin or the 8 pin?
If I mount the camera body under the seat on my bike and wire it as a dashcam (on & off with ign) I won't want a long power cable which I would need to tuck out of the way somewhere. 50cm would be more than enough in my case. While on the subject, I don't have a cigarette lighter socket on my bike so a different kind of power adapter, which I could wire in would be better.

Frank

First of all, Thank you for the understanding on mini port.
C3 is same as C1, 8 pins, other 2 pins is used as mic connection.
As you can see from the photo, one additional mic is included.

There are two kind of cables for your connection, one is longer other is shorter.

OK! thinking aloud here: If the C3 comes with two lenses, a mike and a charging lead, I could have a mounting for the camera body and power supply under the seat and one of the lenses attached to the bike, say near the headlamp. I could also have the other lens & mike attached to my helmet so that I could swap the body of the camera from under the seat to my jacket pocket if I felt like having a helmet cam instead of a bike cam - yes?
It would be nice if the mike lead also included an extra lead which could be used to power the cam on long trips from say a USB powerbank in a jacket pocket.

Does the latest firmware allow seamless joining of video clips?

Frank

you can do that quite easily with the recent versions of Registrator Viewer, there's a dedicated setting to trim the overlap
Where is that please? I have version 5.8.0.2
I would rather not need to though, like on my Mini 0803

Frank

Ctrl + J opens the setting for this, it's listed under View/Timeline in the menus (regsitrator viewer version 5.9)
Thanks for that! I've downloaded version 5.9 and found it.
Is there a tutorial or manual for Registrator Viewer which will tell me about all these features?

Frank

not really, it's a matter of exploring the options I guess

if you're stuck working something out though just ask in the forum, it's a popular program so odds are someone has an answer that will help

cannot wait to try it! it would be a great way to put devoted rear view camera and have the control unit up at the front of the car.

Be interested to see this when it's finally available.
I'll be interested to see how it measures up to my current hard wired bike mounted cams.
Should be easy to make a PERMANENT fit using rubber cushioned stainless steel hose clamps. They kill vibration too.
What's the lens body outside diameter? - 22mm - 25mm?

As i recall its 22 MM OD

Is there some marking on the lens housing to make sure it's the right way up? be disappointing to come back from a long ride to find that your footage is all at 45 degrees :( or upside down even :eek:

Frank
Yes, there is a marking on the lens ( camera ) housing for vertical 12-clock.

22mm. Good-o - I've masses of clamps that size.

Thanks for posting this Niko!

Frank
You are welcome !

P.S. At this stage the sample I have in hand its still a prototype and need some development which will take some time.

Nice :) love the huge bundle of wires.

Only 1 negative thing i can say, now i feel even more bad about not having my YFM 660 quad bike any more. Damm i miss the adrenaline kicks it gave me :(

Back