Innovv C4 Pre-release Review (2 part review includes C2 and C3 review)

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
So got my Innovv C4 courtesy of GearBest, and I have been testing it for a few days. I was a little confused about why they are selling a pre release version:

Review of C2, C3, and C4:

Note: there is some over lap from the unboxing video because I decided to review all three cameras in a two part video series, and no longer am going to have a separate unboxing/first impressions video. This will likely be the only two part video from now on though.

Part 1 includes unboxing and hardware information, part two is video and software/firmware information.

Overall my final impressions of the C4 is that it feels like it was released too early. It needs a GUI configuration utility like the other cameras, and it needs it badly because the default exposure is way too bright.

I like the wifi, and I like the fact that they changed some of the LED colors, but in the end I would recommend the C2 over the C4 in it's current state.

I never upgraded the firmware after several people had issues. Mine did several times stop recording at random times, which can be a deal breaker for most people as a dashcam also. Hopefully future firmware updates will fix that, but right now with so little information coming out from Innovv, and bare bones support, I am going to wait a while on some updates.

It also seemed odd to me that me and all the other people who received a C4 got two data cables, and no lanyard (upon fact checking the lanyard issue, gearbest doesn't say it is included, but the included c4 instructions says it is suppose to come with the lanyard and velco). The fact that it still uses the C1 box is also disappointing considering how much the C3 improved.

In the US, presentation is everything. Unboxing videos would likely not be as popular as they are if everything just came in a generic box. Apple is a great example of how people care about the presentation of the packaging. in the end thats a non issue if the product is ok, but in the current state, the C4 is just "ok" with too many issues to really recommend it over the C2 or the mobius.

Like I say in the video though if you really want a mobius/innovv style camera with wifi, you could chance it but I don't think the wifi is worth the recording issues and over exposure.

Specifications via Gearbest:

General

Brand: INNOVV
Model: C4
Type : Sport Carmera
Chipset Name: Sunplus
Chipset : Sunplus 6330M + OV2710
Special Function: Microphone

Storage

Max External Card Supported: SD 32G (not included)
Class Rating Requirements: Class 4 or Above​

Power

Battery type: Removable
Charge Way : USB charge by PC
Working time: 1080P about 80 minutes

Video/Image/Audio

Decode Format: H.264
Video Format: MOV
Video Resolution : 720P (1280 x 720), 1080P (1920 x 1080)
Video System: NTSC, PAL
Video Frame Rate: 30fps, 60fps
Video Output: HDMI
Image Format : JPG
Audio System: Built-in microphone/speacker (AAC)

Functions

Interface Type: USB 2.0

Dimension/Weight

Product Weight: 0.050 kg
Package Weight: 0.25 kg
Product Size (L x W x H): 6 x 3.8 x 2.3 cm / 2.36 x 1.49 x 0.90 inches
Package Size (L x W x H): 10 x 5 x 5 cm / 3.93 x 1.97 x 1.97 inches​

Package Contents

Package Contents: 1 x HT-C4 Digital Video Camera, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x AV Cable, 1 x English User Manual

Product Photos:

Attachments

• IMG_1139.JPG
    IMG_1139.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1140.JPG
    IMG_1140.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1142.JPG
    IMG_1142.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I'll put a few things up to compliment USDashCamera and the great video he put together.
2ln96jt.png

6i5vnt.png

2i24vf5.png

1059y0j.png

212xptu.png

m7yo3.png

The camera is currently hanging out on my visor to get a little bit of a different POV since my Mini0806 is in the middle of my windscreen.
I really like that the lens does not stick out like I believe the C2 did. It makes it very wearable without attracting unwanted attention on my hat with my C3 belt clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also since your video touches on them here is a scanned copy of the C4 instructions.
2pq96at.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
color looks good..even in cloudy day..

very nice..

so if you don't have ipod or android..can you still use wifi?

color looks good..even in cloudy day..

very nice..

so if you don't have ipod or android..can you still use wifi?
As far as i know you need an ios or android device, but the app is not even made by innovv it is another generic app that supports (i assume) multiple cams.

I will add to the other two reviewers as well

Something I noticed too with my C4, was how accurate the color was, even at night. I'm waiting still for my 4m car cable, so I'm running on battery power. Yesterday I gave it a long hour to two drive and didn't run out of power which was impressive. When I get the chance, I will do a runtime test.

Last edited:
The apps are generally supplied by the chipset vendor
ah ok. regardless it works great. I wish there was less delay but I can't expect it to be perfectly live either. I feel like blackvue's live view is definitely more real time though. In the end it hardly matters though at least for dashcam usage.

Yesterday I gave it a long hour to two drive and didn't run out of power which was impressive. When I get the chance, I will do a runtime test.
This is nice to hear. While I usually don't drive that long my Subaru cuts power to all the ports when the car is off. So this will give me enough juice to use the camera while parked up, or have it clipped on my hat.
Really looking forward to your runtime test.

This is nice to hear. While I usually don't drive that long my Subaru cuts power to all the ports when the car is off. So this will give me enough juice to use the camera while parked up, or have it clipped on my hat.
Really looking forward to your runtime test.
Ok, the C4 ran continuously for 1:41 before turning off.

Any night shots yet?
what is the bit rate ?

Any night shots yet?
what is the bit rate ?
bitrate is just over 17mbps with the 700+ kbps audio.

My first impressions video does show a few clips at night, I mention it seems too dark, even darker than the mobius or other similar cams. There is no GUI utility software yet to change the exposure/brightness right now though.

I likely will not do a full review until I feel like everything the final retail version will have is available to me because it does not seem fair to review a product that is missing features in a "pre-release" version.

edit: I will likely post more updates and review as much as I can on here, but likely will not have my "in depth review" video until the GUI utility is available.

Last edited:
I wonder if Rock will make a bullet lens with omni sensor...of course with new firmware..c6?

You can not play the video directly from the iSmart DV application? I see in your youtube video that you downloaded it first then played it on your smartphone.

enjoy,
Mtz

You can not play the video directly from the iSmart DV application? I see in your youtube video that you downloaded it first then played it on your smartphone.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes you can play the files in the app I believe I did show a very short clip of that but it likely looked just like the live feed.

Just thought I would post this from the Side DashCam thread
Put the C4 on the side of my sun visor since I have the 0806 up front and the 0803 in the rear.
ExEzOfc.png

0YN5mJy.png

Althought writing that it s easy to change battery, i tried and opened camera about 1 hour.
And i closed hardly after 3 hours later. It s very difficult to change battery.

MpKnqge.jpg
C3lyEA4.jpg
pLg6JDT.jpg
ffR6dFK.jpg
dxYlJ4I.jpg

if Rock install an 10 cents battery extension wire to the power plug...you don't need to disassemble it...just pull the battery out..

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GearBest C4 54
Back