INNOVV C5 Motorcycle Waterproof DashCam with WiFi (NOW AVAILABLE!)

Thanks still not sure how to ask a question

I had the C3 battery unit mounted on my Harley worked good until it melted down tried the capacitor one and could never make it work I'm hoping the new C-5 has the bugs worked out and that the camera lens is the same size and mounting so that I can use my custom mount in my faring you might be able to see it in my thumbnail picture

I had the C3 battery unit mounted on my Harley worked good until it melted down tried the capacitor one and could never make it work I'm hoping the new C-5 has the bugs worked out and that the camera lens is the same size and mounting so that I can use my custom mount in my faring you might be able to see it in my thumbnail picture

C5 is being produced at a new factory with even higher quality control, and the latest and great technology. (well thought out, all the past experience shaped this one)
C5 is expected to be a marked improvement over the previous products.

Any idea if the new lens will fit the old mount thanks and I will keep watching

Any idea if the new lens will fit the old mount thanks and I will keep watching

Not an official answer, but I wouldn't expect C5 to be backwards compatible with any of the previous products from what I've seen. I'll post more if that's incorrect.

Well get rock to send me one and i could tell in not time, cuz my Battery C3 are still running in my car.

If it is not the same, then at least the new camera should come with everything, and it should also be possible to mount in the same place cuz size wise the 2 must be the same or damn close.

If it is not the same, then at least the new camera should come with everything, and it should also be possible to mount in the same place cuz size wise the 2 must be the same or damn close.

just had a look at them side by side and the new one is slightly bigger, it does come with everything it needs though anyway so no issue there

Yeah i noticed on the front part of the lens housing the new one look a little bit different around the lens, but other than that they look much the same.
I really do like this bullet design as it have a absolute minimal footprint when seen head on where most will see it, and from the sides or behind i dont care much if it take up a bit more real estate on the retina.

I have to admit i allways had my doubts with the C3 and its waterproofness regarding the lens housing, but it dident seem to be that with the people having issues with the C3, and since the C5 keep up this housing form factor it must be just fine.

I'm just starting to research the Innovv C5 after a forum member suggested that it might solve a problem I have on my old Jaguar soft-top and wondered if we had a supplier for those of us in the UK.

Hopefully I'm not breaking forum/thread etiquette by pointing to my original query, so as to not duplicate: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/very-small-form-rear-camera-wanted-for-soft-top.29945/

Please advise whether there would be any foreseen problems with my installing the C5 as opposed to Innovv's other models, to my car.

Its attraction is the camera form factor and as I tend to sometimes drive with the top down in the rain, it being waterproof.

While it is a bike camera, there should be no reason it would not also work just fine in a car.

Not yet sure if there will be a UK or EU seller of this C5, maybe @niko will pick them up too in his assortment.
The SGZC12RC + waterproof external camera niko mention should also do fine, and those are well proven cameras where the C5 is a newcommer.

@niko is looking to support INNOVV in the EU/UK/EEA once C5 is available.

Hey Jon, OCDTronic, a question for you....
I looked over the C5 specs on your website and it seems like all settings have to be done
with an "app" on a cell phone.
I don't HAVE a phone. Don't want or need it.
How would I set the settings?

Hey Jon, OCDTronic, a question for you....
I looked over the C5 specs on your website and it seems like all settings have to be done
with an "app" on a cell phone.
How would I set the settings?

Let's ask.

@RockThinking is there an option add .txt file ability to change setting by editing the .txt file. (SDK support it?)

BigRespect.jpg

Some time I feel I want to go back in time when I did not had phone, even no landline !

Innov had some problems, but with rockthinking at the helm now I expect this will be a good cam or better once it's fully developed and widely tested in the real world. Until that happens I have no valid comments to add save that I like the design concepts and QC improvements. Heading in the right direction for sure :D

Phil

I have a phone but i dont really need it, but other people i have a lot of respect for need me to have a phone ( to a degree if i dident have one they would buy one for me )

You should also be able to set it with a tablet ( android or IOS ) if you have such a thingy,sadly windows dont seen to be supported on devises.

If push come to shove you could get a friend with a devise to do the settings up once, after that bar summer / winter time there are little reason to "log" into the camera.
While i myself do have date/time embedded in the footage of my dashcameras, then it is not really needed, if it was not a option i would not miss it.

Back