Innovv K1 Recurring Problem

Thanks for the update, I've been having issues myself. I ordered a cheaper power delay unit I'm going to wire in when they arrive.
May I ask which power delay you selected (make and model)?

Happened to get home from the bar at the right time. I'd only been looking for 8 months myself.

Unfortunately I have to report back that it doesn't seem to have fixed my issue. The camera recorded this morning but not this afternoon. I see a lot of weird gaps and file sizes in the existing video too. I think I'm going to have to assume this thing isn't trustworthy and look into other options.

Here is the solution to the Innovv K1 stopping and starting. I had this problem whenever I pressed my horn. I have a very loud high current horn running of a slave relay.
I fixed the problem by installing ferrite cores over the cables. This fixed the problem.
The stop-start recording problem is not caused by voltage dropped but interferences.

Attachments

• IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 17
That has already been tried by more than one person and hasn't resolved the problem. There very likely is no true solution to the underlying issue.

Hawkbox –– I'm happy to report that my Innovv K1 has had a 100% reliability record for about one year now. The solution for me was to install a Rowe PDM60 power distribution module, which has the necessary 10-second power-on delay. The PDM60 does not supply power to the K1 until the voltage is completely stabilized after starting the motorcycle.

The Innovv 12VDC to 5VDC converter was supposed to provide that 10-second delay. It did not. I upgraded to the "improved" version of this Innovv DC-DC converter (with added yellow trigger wire) – still no delay. Then I installed the Innovv PowerHub One distribution module, which is supposed to have its own 10-second startup delay (added in series to the Innovv DC-DC Converter, this should have given me a 20-second start-up delay). What I got was anywhere from 2 to 6 seconds of total start-up delay. The K1 crashes became less frequent (by about 40-50%) so I knew I was on the right track.

I believe the Innovv PowerHub One and DC-DC Converter delays are very erratic and insufficient, because they might be "calculated" by capacitor discharge (I'm speculating here). Either way, they are useless. The Rowe PDM60 is expensive (nearly $200) but it has a real clock. This fixed my problem entirely. Yes, I should have posted the results on this site – sorry ...

Chasing this problem took me over a year. It was finally resolved well after the K1 was no longer under warranty. I spent countless hours disassembling the GoldWing (not the easiest bike to take apart!) and basically a blank check to get this system to work.

A few days ago I visited the Long Beach Motorcycle Show and discovered that Innovv now has US representation (Street Guardian in Carson City, Nevada). They had a booth at the show and I was told the K1 was nothing more than a re-badged product from a failed Chinese company. Rock is still the owner of Innovv and the K2 is supposed to work properly. At least Innovv customers won't have to deal with language barriers and shipping stuff halfway across the world.

The K2 aluminum case and screw-secured connectors are certainly more confidence-inspiring. However, until I have absolute certainty that a "real", crystal-clocked 10-second turn-on delay is built into the K2 (which seems like a simple matter, considering all the other functions built into the unit) I will hold off on installing a K2 in my other bike (Indian Scout).

Street Guardian also said they are developing a motorcycle version of their automobile 2-camera system, which has slightly smaller cameras. Not sure how that will play against the competing K2, but at least the 2-camera advantage is becoming more mainstream.

We were guinea pigs. We deserve a carrot.

Sorry for the confusion but I (Jon) happen to be the North America distributor for both INNOVV and Street Guardian. They are not the same factory at all. We had a small sign in the corner for Street Guardian because people kept asking if we had vehicle Dashcam options as well so added the smaller corner display to cross promote. But yes more products are on the roadmap for both brands.

I’ll pass your feedback about the HUB1 thanks.

Hi Jon, –– sorry I mis-understood you at the show. I thought you were the manufacturer (of Street Guardian). This makes more sense now!

We were definitely the guinea pigs for the K1, I went through a lot of SD cards, ferrite cores, power timers, etc... Never did get it working reliably.

We were definitely the guinea pigs for the K1, I went through a lot of SD cards, ferrite cores, power timers, etc... Never did get it working reliably.
Yes totally agreed, and would not recommend Innovv motorcycle DVR camera system either.

I bought a Innovv K1 and it worked great for around 12-14 months then the gremlins kicked in. It would not start up with the ignition, it would start then shut off for no reason then would not do anything for a couple of days then inexplicably it would come back to life at random intervals. I contacted Rock about exchanging the DVR and whilst he was polite I was basically fobbed off and urged to upgrade to buying a K2.

The dvr's are just generic Chinese items labelled up as Innovv and are available on amazon and ebay at a fraction of the cost.

I'd honestly be curious about that myself.

Thanks for the update, I've been having issues myself. I ordered a cheaper power delay unit I'm going to wire in when they arrive.
Hawkbox, bit late to reply but I've installed the K1 onto a Ducati and it's worse than before, could I ask do you sort the problem with the cheap power delay unit? If so what do you purchase, i'd really like to get the K1 working again as I spend many hours installing it.
Cheers.

I never got it working reliably. I ended up giving up and pulling the unit out as I don't trust it.

Nothing yet.

Tempted to give it one last go and try the Rowe PDM60 power distribution module

Back