Innovv K2 Waterproof?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56322
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56322

When I inserted my SD card into my K2 it slid in under the slot instead of into it. I emailed Innovv and was instructed to open the DVR by removing the screws. Has anyone opened one of these? There is no way the DVR is waterproof. For starters, the open air around the SD slot provides water access to the circuit board. And that flimsy rubber door over the slot would not meet the definition of waterproof given that it won't even stay closed on mine. There is a recessed groove around the plastic ( I don't remember if it was top or bottom half or both) that could potentially be fitted with an o-ring, but there is no o-ring. Even if there were, it would not solve the exposure of the SD slot.

The actual cameras are totally water proof.

The main DVR is only splash light rain proof. There is a gasket around the DVR and rubber door over the micro SD slot. Most people mount the main DVR under the seat or in a side saddle bag.

The card slot space has been addressed in the latest production. They added thick foam so the card can’t be inserted crooked like that any more.

Last edited:
Yes, the DVR is rated for "water from a nozzle".
You can send it back here and we can remove the card if you need help.

Your assessment is potentially true, if the rubber door stayed closed, which mine doesn't, it might be splash proof. However, I just looked the the product page on innovv.com and they still make the claim "DVR is waterproof". Yes, I have mine mounted under the seat.

Yes, the DVR is rated for "water from a nozzle".
You can send it back here and we can remove the card if you need help.
Thanks for the offer, but I resolved the SD card issue when I opened the DVR.

Yes, by the technical definition of "waterproof" it is waterproof. Definitely not submersible.

yeah its a mine field, a specific IP rating would be best.

I talked to the factory and learned the DVR housing is being improved. There will be a new screwed down gasket door over the microSD card slot in the future to make an even tighter seal. I’ll ask what the over all IP rating is once testing is complete.

Back