Inrtermittent failure to start

Phildo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
My 0807 has suddenly decided to sometimes not start when the car starts up and sometimes it starts, displays an error message that DC power is lost and then may either restart of just switch off.
Sometimes it stops then starts again for short periods. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FILE LIST FROM TODAY0807 Intermittent Cutofff.gif

Is the unit's capacitor about to die? It is hardwired into the car's power on the ignition cct.

Anyone else experience this problem? Any solution or is it time to bin the unit ?0807 Intermittent Cutofff.gif

Last edited:
I'd suspect a failing PS or bad connection first- very common issues with any dashcam. Possibly the caps are going, but that usually only affects start-up, not dropping out during use. Try the supplied ciggie-socket PS and see what happens.

Phil

Phil Thanks for the reply - unfortunately I threw the ciggy lighter connection out as I no longer have a ciggy lighter in my car - it’s spot is now two USB charge points ;-)

When you say the PS may be failing can you please explain what this means. Power Source? Power Supply?

Phil

Power Supply, in other words the hardwire kit. If your USB ports are rated at 1.5A or more you could run a cable to one of them temporarily for testing. Also ensure the PS plug fits well into the cam- sometimes those will loosen up over time.

The most common dashcam problems are PS related or SD card issues, so the first diagnostic step is to swap these (one at a time) for other known good components.

Phil

Phil thx for the reply again - I've removed the PS cable and reinserted it with a bit of pressure !

It may have been the issue all along

Will monitor the next few days

Thx again - sometimes it's the most obvious we overlook

Phil

Power Supply, in other words the hardwire kit. If your USB ports are rated at 1.5A or more you could run a cable to one of them temporarily for testing. Also ensure the PS plug fits well into the cam- sometimes those will loosen up over time.

The most common dashcam problems are PS related or SD card issues, so the first diagnostic step is to swap these (one at a time) for other known good components.

Phil[/Q

Hi Phil, looks like you were correct. I have temp wired my camera into my second deep cycle 100AH 12v battery on constant feed. I have a large 4WD SUV. It is working without issue. I'll probably hard wire the camera into this battery with a simple on/off power switch. I run all of my accessories off this battery including fridge, CB radio, LED work/driving lights.

Thanks again.

Phil

SawMaster - After 10 days of testing using a direct 12v feed from my second battery using a simple toggle switch to turn on and off the unit is working perfectly.

I have left it on for extended periods of many hours and so far its all ok !

Thanks again for the advice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Maverick Mini 0807 0
Back