"Insert a memory card" -- cannot detect memory card

jmb2027

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just recently got a F750 2-channel, and the dashcam cannot detect the memory card.
The lights flash for a bit upon startup and then it just keeps repeating "Insert a memory card".

I've tried various solutions including...
1) removing the supplied memory card, cleaning it, cleaning the card slot > same error
2) removing the supplied memory card, formatting it > same error
3) removing the supplied memory card, formatting it, and downloading the latest SETTINGS from the Thinkware Support website > same error
4) removing the supplied memory card, formatting it, and loading the "original" SETTINGS that the card came with back on to the card > same error
5) All of the above have been tried on a secondary memory card (Kingston 64GB)

Here's a video of the error:

I've emailed Thinkware support, but in the meantime, has anyone else experienced this?

Thinkware cameras are very temperamental with non genuine memory cards. This will almost certainly be the reason why, if you purchase a genuine Thinkware card i reckon it will be fine.

EDIT - Sorry i think i had misread that, do you have the Genuine card?

It's a while since I wrote this but my view hasn't changed: Thinkware products are good when they work but they have poor QA and the chances of a brand new product being delivered in a faulty condition are higher than should be expected.

I have to disagree Dippy, over the years we have sold many different makes of dashcam and Thinkware has the lowest returns of any we have sold. I don't recall ever having an out of box failure either!

OK, my only experience of dashcams is Thinkware, but mine was faulty out of the box and if you search this forum you'll find a number of customers who have had to return units. For me that's higher than expected, but maybe my expectations are too high?

Thinkware cameras are very temperamental with non genuine memory cards. This will almost certainly be the reason why, if you purchase a genuine Thinkware card i reckon it will be fine.

EDIT - Sorry i think i had misread that, do you have the Genuine card?

I used both genuine card and my own card

--------------------

Update: Thinkware called me - said they can either ship me a replacement unit and then for me to ship back this one for them to investigate, or I can just go back to the store and exchange it. I will be going back to the store as that is much faster than having to wait for shipping.

Back