Inside the LS430W incl battery capacity and a rattle fix

2014090918.jpg

201409uku.jpg

201409mtm.jpg

201409wjw.jpg

2014090919.jpg

i have tried to change battery in ls400w/LS300W/G1WH to capacitor but the problem is, that ls400w is turning off for about 10-15sec and capacitor works for only 5sec. This means that, the last recorded file is always damaged as camera is turning off not as it supposed to or as capacitor is requiring it to do it.
if there is going to be firmware for ls400w that will be turining off the camera as fast as G1W-C (NT96650+AR0330+Capacitor) then this solution may work.

2014090918.jpg

201409uku.jpg

201409mtm.jpg

201409wjw.jpg

2014090919.jpg

i have tried to change battery in ls400w/LS300W/G1WH to capacitor but the problem is, that ls400w is turning off for about 10-15sec and capacitor works for only 5sec. This means that, the last recorded file is always damaged as camera is turning off not as it supposed to or as capacitor is requiring it to do it.
if there is going to be firmware for ls400w that will be turining off the camera as fast as G1W-C (NT96650+AR0330+Capacitor) then this solution may work.

Firmware update will be never released to the public... its just vendor policy...(((
So for now new battery is best way.

Which Option from your opinion will be better for LS400W ???

1st Option
Turnigy nano-tech 750mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 180)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Lipo_Pack_Fits_Nine_Eagles_Solo_Pro_180_.html
20386.jpg

2nd Option
Turnigy nano-tech 260mAh 1S 35-70C Lipo Pack (QR Ladybird/Genius CP/Mini CP)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25136__Basher_SaberTooth_1_8_Scale_Truggy_ARR_.html
24920-main.jpg

Thanks

Great project.....I have a q about the lipo, i read it is a very sensitive batt with many warnings and that charging it require smart chargers and that when the batt dies it will blow and might get punctured inside the camera....why not use li-ion replacement batt with bigger mAh? I want to replace mine asap and any help on this will be highly appreciated...tks

Firmware update will be never released to the public... its just vendor policy...(((
So for now new battery is best way.

Which Option from your opinion will be better for LS400W ???

1st Option
Turnigy nano-tech 750mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 180)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Lipo_Pack_Fits_Nine_Eagles_Solo_Pro_180_.html
View attachment 7894

2nd Option
Turnigy nano-tech 260mAh 1S 35-70C Lipo Pack (QR Ladybird/Genius CP/Mini CP)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25136__Basher_SaberTooth_1_8_Scale_Truggy_ARR_.html
View attachment 7895

Thanks
Hi, sorry I didn't get notification of your post for some reason. I would certainly go with the 750mAh as long as it fits.

Great project.....I have a q about the lipo, i read it is a very sensitive batt with many warnings and that charging it require smart chargers and that when the batt dies it will blow and might get punctured inside the camera....why not use li-ion replacement batt with bigger mAh? I want to replace mine asap and any help on this will be highly appreciated...tks
A 1S lipo is not bad to charge, and these are 1S (single cell). Also the cameras are specifically designed to charge them. Properly charged they do not explode unless you do some mechanical/kinetic damage to them, like stabbing them with a knife. so, actually going to li-ion you may have a slightly greater risk than li-po as the camera is made for li-po.

A 1S lipo is not bad to charge, and these are 1S (single cell). Also the cameras are specifically designed to charge them. Properly charged they do not explode unless you do some mechanical/kinetic damage to them, like stabbing them with a knife. so, actually going to li-ion you may have a slightly greater risk than li-po as the camera is made for li-po.

Got it...tks a lot for the info...will try to replace mine as you did

Amateur attempt to replace the battery in a GT300W.

IMG_20141121_151839 (Medium).jpg

Camera has been running for a few hours so far and no smoke or fire yet.

IMG_20141121_152530 (Medium).jpg

Used Velcro to secure the battery.

IMG_20141121_152900 (Medium).jpg
Camera has been running for a few hours so far and no smoke or fire yet.

Last edited:
Update for my camera LS430W with the LiPo battery:

I have just replaced the stock battery:

with: 2 pieces x Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack

The pack measures:
- Length-A(mm) = 43mm
- Height-B(mm) = 17mm
- Width-C(mm) = 6mm

I cut the plastic cover from the terminals positive and negative.

The new measures after cutting:
- Length-A(mm) = 37mm
- Height-B(mm) = 17mm
- Width-C(mm) = 6mm

To my surprise it fit very well in the case, with two sided tape x 2
(of the old two sided tape cut her in two)
These pictures are only measurement and test fitting with one battery.

Then I ordered two new batteries.
I was more careful in removing the plastic cover.
These pictures are only measurement and test fitting with two battery.
You can see silicone insulation for the plastic cover, which was not removed.

Finally we isolated those exposed contacts carefully and I put everything back.
I let to charge more than 48 hours.
It was in testing more than two weeks have not appeared overheating or overload.
Now the runtime on my camera is:
- 80 minutes not recording
- 60 Minutes when recording HD

P.S.
Everything I did, only on my risk.
I know for sure what I did, I have experience in this field.
Attention!!!
We are not my responsible for any damage caused by yourself.

Last edited:
Update for my camera LS430W with the LiPo battery:

I have just replaced the stock battery:

with: 2 pieces x Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack

The pack measures:
- Length-A(mm) = 43mm
- Height-B(mm) = 17mm
- Width-C(mm) = 6mm

I cut the plastic cover from the terminals positive and negative.

The new measures after cutting:
- Length-A(mm) = 37mm
- Height-B(mm) = 17mm
- Width-C(mm) = 6mm

To my surprise it fit very well in the case, with two sided tape x 2
(of the old two sided tape cut her in two)

Now the runtime on my camera is:
- 80 minutes not recording
- 60 Minutes when recording HD

I have to say I'm once more impressed. :) Surprised that those batteries fit for sure.

Just a note of caution for anyone doing that specific 2 battery mod: Please insulate those exposed contacts carefully. Also please start the individual batteries at the same charge level before hooking them up in parallel to aid in balance during charging.

In general this solution will have slightly more risk/fragility associated with it. But the run time is undeniable. I guess even 1 of these modified batteries could be a viable solution. :)

Any recommendation on replacement battery from ebay for LS430W? Also are there step-by-step instructions on how to open up the cam? Tx.

Thanks. Will give it a try. The original battery lasted 2 years (maybe bcos the weathers were mild during 1st year) but 1 year of extended life for $10 or so would still be not bad. Next dash cam i buy will probably be one using capacitor.

There are 2 batteries in that listing, so you should get at minimum 2 years out of them, 4 if very lucky. Cap cams have other problems: NO recording after a big crash/disconnect on impact, problems with recording if you starter motor cuts out power to the cam for a second , problems changing settings without power (can't), can not be used even for a few seconds as a crash evidence cam / witness outside of car without external battery pack. :) If you dont mind swapping batteries, liion/lipo is better than cap. I plan to place my battery on the outside of the cam shell eventually (tiny) with connector cable running out. So it will be mostly plug and play, with some cable ties or velcro to attach [or 2 sided auto tape] .

Back