Install 2nd hand 900s 2ch

En_croute

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR900s (50% Stolen!)
So I purchased a 2nd hand 900s 2ch.
Still with protective films on etc., and all the cables, clips etc.

Fitter spent 1/2 a day wiring it into my Volvo XC60, beautiful job, minimal cable view and Power Pro in the glove box hardwired to the fuse box . All good.

Installed the sd card, power on the unit.
No WiFi being broadcast (Samsung S8, so 5ghz compatible). WiFi button does nothing.

Tried to reset, no response. No voice commands/instructions at all.

Only lights are GPS blue light and security white Led, both solid. No WiFi light, no red recording light. No rear camera light.

With no card installed, same response. No verbal request for a card.

Power is fine, as it was tested with another Blackvue successfully.

Will try reformatting the sd card and loading the current firmware via a PC, but I think this unit is borked.

Seller is currently responsive, but I'm betting this will end up being a PayPal refund...

Any other suggestions?

Seems that unit is faulty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, Im taking back all my negative thoughts, as not only did I get get a helpful response, this afternoon he drove into Central London and swapped out the front camera for a working unit, and then even offered me a discount.

I'm just happy to have a working unit and now I'm delving into the settings... I may be a while!

The issue was with the front camera firmware.
The older firmware has issues with 5ghz WiFi broadcasting on a frequency that Android phones doesn't like.
This was fixed in the previous firmware update.

The voice commands and lights being turned off, that is likely the previous keepers chosen settings.
I have the same set on mine.

If you hadn't already swapped it, I would have recommended updating the firmware to the latest version, the changing all the settings to turn on the lights and voice commands

The issue was with the front camera firmware.
The older firmware has issues with 5ghz WiFi broadcasting on a frequency that Android phones doesn't like.
This was fixed in the previous firmware update.

The voice commands and lights being turned off, that is likely the previous keepers chosen settings.
I have the same set on mine.

If you hadn't already swapped it, I would have recommended updating the firmware to the latest version, the changing all the settings to turn on the lights and voice commands

Unit was frozen. Even with a new card or no card. I did suspect the firmware, but didn't manage to try a fix, as it was swapped.

Still a little amazed tbh!

Back