Install in Kia Cee'd SW / Estate

TNT

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
Here is my install of the rear camera. It was not as bad as I figured it would be. The front camera was simple and there are many photos of the front cam being installed and its really not different from any other vehicle.

Remove 4 screws from bottom of hatch
IMG_20171124_1707471.jpg~original

Remove pull strap cap and bolt/screw
IMG_20171124_1709431.jpg~original

Pull bottom and 2 side panels off
Remove 2 screws from top panel
IMG_20171124_171311.jpg~original

Pull top panel off
IMG_20171124_171445.jpg~original

Pull out rubber grommet from side with wires. Do not do the side that has the hose for the washer fluid
IMG_20171124_174634.jpg~original

Use 2 zip ties. Feed first one through from bottom. Use second zip tie to lock the first one in place.
Some sites say use a lubricant to help the wire through, but I dont like the idea of getting anything liquid into the plug so I did it dry slowly working it through.
IMG_20171124_174627.jpg~original

The rest is easy. Pull back any of the rubber seals to tuck the wire behind.
IMG_20171124_172114.jpg~original

Photos of finished mountings:
IMG_20171125_191603.jpg~original

IMG_20171125_191430.jpg~original

IMG_20171125_191628.jpg~original

IMG_20171125_191703.jpg~original

IMG_20171125_191707.jpg~original

If anyone wants any other photos, I can take them. It was dark by the time I was complete so I have no daytime photos yet to see the cams from outside better.

I have a similar setup in my car with the tailgate but what I did was notch the plastic trim and recess the camera, about half of the camera is up inside the trim
pics or it didn't happen. sounds like something i would do though.

O :eek: i can see that rear camera will be a problem for me as i mount so extremely high on my rear window, or rather the metal framing the window, so i definitely need a angle adapter.

Will have to source that one right away so ii am ready from day 1, but what angle to get ?? i will approach the camera from the Right side of my car ( can also do approach from the front )

Its mini USB right ?

O :eek: i can see that rear camera will be a problem for me as i mount so extremely high on my rear window, or rather the metal framing the window, so i definitely need a angle adapter.

Will have to source that one right away so ii am ready from day 1, but what angle to get ?? i will approach the camera from the Right side of my car ( can also do approach from the front )

Its mini USB right ?

for your car you might be able to use the shorter of the two cables we provide which has a right angle adapter on it already

O yeah that's right i noticed that in another thread, yeah i assume the short wire will be fine.

If not i will super glue it to the damn headliner strait across the roof, i dont use that part of my car for anything but thermal and noise insulation. :D

O yeah that's right i noticed that in another thread, yeah i assume the short wire will be fine.

If not i will super glue it to the damn headliner strait across the roof, i dont use that part of my car for anything but thermal and noise insulation. :D
DO NOT USE SUPER GLUE!! VAPOUR CAN AFFECT THE LENSES

Well i can not rule out CA use, cuz this time of the year sitting in a car installing stuff are not that warm so really you want to be done with it ASAP.
Depending on the timing i might have to push the install to a public P garage, cuz i am not doing it curb side in a snow storm or more likely due to global warming a downpour.

But dont worry i will be damn careful not to haze over the lenses in any of the cameras in my car.

Forgot to hit Publish, should be there now. I have just front and rear alone uploading, should be ready in about 45 mins.

Forgot to hit Publish, should be there now. I have just front and rear alone uploading, should be ready in about 45 mins.
where is it??

Tomorrow I will get daytime, have to get shots into wrists for carpel tunnel :(

I used an old version (13) of CyberLink PowerDirector

Ouch hope the shots work though. I trained myself to use the mouse left-handed 10 years ago and never had a problem since. (handy for 10-key number entry via right hand too)

Here's a 2 year old thread with some other video editing options to try.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...enter-cropped-full-screen-edge-to-edge.11038/

I too like Cyberlink PowerDirector if you're willing to pay. I'll be breaking out PowerDirector in the near future when I work on a nice unboxing video for new products etc.

Back