Installation help please

katanajay

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi guys new here. I'm hoping you can help. Looking at the wiring that came with the camera, it looks as though it can be connected directly to the motorcycle battery. I don't want to do it in case I do damage before asking. What do you guys think? These are the only power wires that came with it. It's a wonvon mt1 dash cam. Could i be that lucky and it's plug and play? As you can see from the connections at the end of the wires they have battery type connections?? can I connect these directly to the battery without problems?IMG_20200410_143505.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200410_124127 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20200410_124127 - Copy.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum :)

The black wire labeled GND should connect to the ground or zero volts, so the battery negative terminal is fine, or just put it under a bolt on the chassis.

The red wire labeled ACC should normally connect to the accessory fuse, or something else that turns on with the ignition. You could connect it to the battery positive terminal, but then there would be no way to turn the camera off, unless you also add a switch.

Be interesting to see some video from it, not a camera I know, and you are in an excellent location for some nice scenery...

Thanks Nigel. I'll definitely be posted up some video when fully installed. Problem I also have is to decide where to install the rear camera on a BMW k1200lt lux don't want to be drilling holes in the Tupperware. Lol

It seems to come with sticky pads, normally these little remote cameras are so light that the sticky pads are just as good as bolts, and they can't fall off because they are attached to a cable.

Make sure you clean all grease off the surface first though, if you don't have proper paintshop degreaser, finish with some dishwashing detergent and then a good rinse.

And use some tie wraps on the cables so that even if the camera comes lose it can't flap around much in the wind.

Problem I also have is to decide where to install the rear camera on a BMW k1200lt lux don't want to be drilling holes in the Tupperware. Lol
An extra GoPro mount adapter works well on his BMW K1200LT, should be same as your's :)

9XmvXzt.jpg

Ah man that's both brilliant and perfect at the same time. Thanks a million

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Motorcycle Cameras 23
Back