installation on benz

evmedievalol

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there anyone who has installed dashcam on 2016 benz c300?
I installed my it on BMW 328i and now i have to put that into my new C300.
Please help me with which fuse to use to bypass auto start and stop function!
i have Street guardian SGZC 12SS

You're better off asking on a benz forum, they know more about the cars

I had some good info here when i had bmw. So im hoping that i can get some good info for benz too.

Dig out the Fuse Diagram leaflet. Often its placed in with the spare wheel kit.
If your cigar lighter stays on when start stop cuts in then go for a cigar lighter/power socket fuse.

Note on mine I have front/rear cigar lighters ( despite having no smoker packs, and a boot power socket. The rear and boot react differently to the front as to when power stays on e.g. the back 2 only get power when the engine is on! So you have to check.

If they are 15A just downgrade the first fuse to say 10A, and add a 3A for your cams.
Thats what the main dealer recommended. ( note it then does not matter which way the pigtail goes as it will never pull more than 13A ... so you are safe.

On my S Class Coupe I went for a fuse in the Cab ... as the route from the engine bay looked nightmarish. No room to fiddle around a 5.5L V8. Be lucky to stick a knitting needle between component, and their are “intake” fat tubes/turbos?? ( not a mechanic) that REALY heat up when the engine gets to just normal warm! So if you do go in there check first when she is hot.
It wasnt too hard getting into the boot by removing the rear boot vertical wall. But on an S Class the panels are REALLY tight so I went for the “route of least disturbance”.

Last edited:
Dig out the Fuse Diagram leaflet. Often its placed in with the spare wheel kit.
If your cigar lighter stays on when start stop cuts in then go for a cigar lighter/power socket fuse.

Note on mine I have front/rear cigar lighters ( despite having no smoker packs, and a boot power socket. The rear and boot react differently to the front as to when power stays on e.g. the back 2 only get power when the engine is on! So you have to check.

If they are 15A just downgrade the first fuse to say 10A, and add a 3A for your cams.
Thats what the main dealer recommended. ( note it then does not matter which way the pigtail goes as it will never pull more than 13A ... so you are safe.

On my S Class Coupe I went for a fuse in the Cab ... as the route from the engine bay looked nightmarish. No room to fiddle around a 5.5L V8. Be lucky to stick a knitting needle between component, and their are “intake” fat tubes/turbos?? ( not a mechanic) that REALY heat up when the engine gets to just normal warm! So if you do go in there check first when she is hot.
It wasnt too hard getting into the boot by removing the rear boot vertical wall. But on an S Class the panels are REALLY tight so I went for the “route of least disturbance”.
Thanks i'll try to look for cigarette lighter fuse. I should be able to keep using cigarette lighter with the dashcam running, right?
i Have the smoker pack, not sure if that makes any difference

Thanks i'll try to look for cigarette lighter fuse. I should be able to keep using cigarette lighter with the dashcam running, right?
i Have the smoker pack, not sure if that makes any difference

I think having the smoker pack should make no difference other than the current drain incurred if you use the lighter.
You will probably have 15A on these curcuits ( based on my S CLass Coupe and my SL 500 both have those values)
As for using them together my Camera uses 0.5A at 5V and about 0.18A on the 12V side.
So its using 2.16 watts out of 180 [12x 15] available. Perhaps the watts or amps is stamped on the side of the lighter itself?
I would be very surprised if it tipped it over the edge.

Back