Installation question and help

Kevinnh67

Reaction score
Country
United States
Purchased a Viofo a119 V3 and want to hard wire into the fuse box. Here is my question: I have no interest in parking mode but would like to be able to turn off the cam and back on via a toggle or other switch. I have a need to turn the cam off a few times a day and back on. I was advised I could simply power down and then power the unit as needed but if I am going to do that I would use the cigarette lighter. Not sure how to wire the interrupt switch.

I would consider purchasing one of those "add a cigarette lighter" plug assemblies. Connect it to a source in your fuse box that is powered from the ACC buss. And.. install a toggle switch in the power side of that assembly to turn it on and off as you wish. Plug your camera into that new cigarette lighter and tuck the whole lot under the dash where you can not see it.. I would also add a light (downstream of the toggle switch) to show when the circuit is powered (and your camera is on)

Thank you. A lot there to review and it seems like a reasonable fix.

The left hand button on the camera should power it on and off, it is a better choice than a switch because if you turn it off then it will restart next time you start the car, you don't need to remember to turn it back on. Of course that might not meet your requirement.

If you are going to get a hardwire kit then you can put a simple 1 pole toggle switch between the fuse tap and the red + cable to the hardwire kit.

Your second thought is more the direction i wanrt to go. I do not necessarily want the cam to start every time the car does. Thank you

Back