Installed A129 Pro, seems to switch off with the ignition

MarquisOfArgon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've installed the A129 Pro using the Viofo hardwire kit. I installed the ACC wire (yellow) to a switched accessory fuse (seat electronics) and the Battery wire (red) to a permanent live (roof electronics module).

When I turn off the ignition though the lights record light flashes for a while then goes off. Is that what should be happening if parking mode is working?

I've posted the screenshot from the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-130312_VIOFO.jpg
    Screenshot_20210417-130312_VIOFO.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 8
Usually RED is ACC and Yellow is a BAT. Check labelling of the hardwiring kit.

For VIOFO, red is power, yellow is signal.

For motion detection, it should flash when it detects motion, go off to save power otherwise.

How is the image quality compared with the Nextbase?

How is the image quality compared with the Nextbase?
I've only tried it so far while parked on the drive, but passing cars it seems to pick up no bother, so I'm optimistic it's better than the 622.

Will try taking it for a drive soon to test it.

I saw a video online that advised plugging the micro usb into the camera rather than the mount if you want parking mode to work. Is this correct?

I saw a video online that advised plugging the micro usb into the camera rather than the mount if you want parking mode to work. Is this correct?
Only true for the first production run,not anymore.

I think the results speak for them themselves.

Quite pleased to be honest.

Though, any idea why the text at the bottom is jumbled up?
Screenshot_20210417-162932_Video Player.jpg

I'm not seeing that at full resolution, but what I can see looks quite nice, far better than the 622 image, and you being pleased is what matters :)

Not sure about the reason for the text mess, but I guess some memory corruption or uninitialised memory, and I suggest a full reset with the reset button and reset to default settings in the camera menu. I guess that will fix it permanently...

It's a massive step up from the Nextbase.

What do people use to view it on a laptop with?

The Nextbase app opens and plays but doesn't pull out GPS data.

Set parking mode to event detection. Walked past the front of the car when I got in the power and mic lights were on. Is that it operating?

Walked past the front of the car when I got in the power and mic lights were on. Is that it operating?
Yes, that will be recording video and audio, lights will go off again after 40? seconds (10 before and 30 after the detection, or something like that), you should check the recorded files to make sure and ensure that you know where to find the files.
Personally I use the low bitrate parking mode, but the best choice depends on what you are using it for.

The most popular viewer for the GPS data seems to be:

Nextbase seem to have been going in the wrong direction with their developments, Viofo definitely in the right direction. A129 Pro isn't exactly new anymore, but it still has the best image quality as far as making movies is concerned, not the best in the dark but it is not far off.

Yeah, pretty straightforward finding the parking files.

Tried dashcam viewer and it seemed a little laggy. But then these are 700mb files. Suspect saving it to the computer will smooth it out

Yeah, pretty straightforward finding the parking files.

Tried dashcam viewer and it seemed a little laggy. But then these are 700mb files. Suspect saving it to the computer will smooth it out
If you are using Apple hardware then try using H265 mode (press and hold mute for 5 seconds), tends to play better. Otherwise it may just need a faster card reader.

Back