Installed switch for DR 500 to turn on or off

commissioner

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had my installer place a small switch in the power line to the camera. That way I can leave it plugged in for eternity and I just have to remember to turn it off when I'm home in the garage. I have left the camera powered on for over 24 hours in the past because I forgot to unplug it, and there were no problems with the car battery. Now I just have to remember to flip the switch. The switch is located under the drivers side dash between the brake pedal and emergency brake handle. It is very well hidden and easy for me to operate. I should have had this done when I had the camera installed. All wires are hidden in the A-post and above the windshield to the rear view mirror. The auto is a 2010 cts.

I had my installer place a small switch in the power line to the camera. That way I can leave it plugged in for eternity and I just have to remember to turn it off when I'm home in the garage. I have left the camera powered on for over 24 hours in the past because I forgot to unplug it, and there were no problems with the car battery. Now I just have to remember to flip the switch. The switch is located under the drivers side dash between the brake pedal and emergency brake handle. It is very well hidden and easy for me to operate. I should have had this done when I had the camera installed. All wires are hidden in the A-post and above the windshield to the rear view mirror. The auto is a 2010 cts.

You could have installed a Power Magic and not have to worry about remembering to switch it off.

I have a switch in the line to my rear camera so as not to run the parking mode in my garage as its of no use there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L DR500GW-HD 2