Installing a wiring kit with fuse tap on 2007 Yaris

thedemon44

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I really don't want to mess this up, and local installation companies are quoting me between $150-$300 for the install. For that price I am willing to learn to do it myself.

I numbered both my main questions for clarity:

1. Which two fuses would I want to hook up the wiring kit to?

Here is a link to the fuse box diagram: https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-yaris-vitz-belta-xp90-2005-2013-fuses-and-relay

I was thinking the #4 20A for the power window, or maybe one of the rear power window fuses for when the car is in operation, but I am not sure what to choose for the actual parking mode when the car is turned off.

2. Would I want to use a 5A fuse in conjunction with the fuse tap for the dashcam, or something lower?

Using the VIOFO HK3ACC Hardwire Kit for A129 and the dashcam is the A129 Duo.

I sincerly appreciate any help I can get on this.

I used to have a NCP93 RHD. For ACC/ignition detection line, I like to tap to:
8CIG15Power outlet
- because the chances of it screwing up something else is low. At most your phone charger doesn't work?

For VCC/constant power you can try either one of these. I don't know why the details listed a bunch of computer related items? Normally they won't share fuse lines with tail lamps. So I'm guessing this page is listing as either/or information. The best way to confirm is poke a multimeter when the car is turned off to find which fuse has power. For the RHD NCP93, tail lamps and license place lamps stay on indefinitely when engine is off, so it's a good spot to tap to.

1TAIL10Side marker lights, parking lights tail lights, license plate lights, multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system
30TAIL10Side marker lights, parking lights tail lights, license plate lights, multiport fuel injection system/sequential multiport fuel injection system

If a 5A fuse is the smallest you can get hold of, then you'll just have to use it. If you can get hold of 2/2.5A fuse, it would be better. HK3 supplies ~10 watts maximum, given some conversion inefficiencies it should not go over 12v x 1.3A = ~15 watts. So yea 2/2.5A is a good cut off value. But over here those fuse sizes are mythical, so 5A is the next lowest available.

I really don't want to mess this up, and local installation companies are quoting me between $150-$300 for the install. For that price I am willing to learn to do it myself.

I numbered both my main questions for clarity:

1. Which two fuses would I want to hook up the wiring kit to?

Here is a link to the fuse box diagram: https://fuse-box.info/toyota/toyota-yaris-vitz-belta-xp90-2005-2013-fuses-and-relay

I was thinking the #4 20A for the power window, or maybe one of the rear power window fuses for when the car is in operation, but I am not sure what to choose for the actual parking mode when the car is turned off.

2. Would I want to use a 5A fuse in conjunction with the fuse tap for the dashcam, or something lower?

Using the VIOFO HK3ACC Hardwire Kit for A129 and the dashcam is the A129 Duo.

I sincerly appreciate any help I can get on this.
It's fantastic that you're eager to study for the installation! Taping into a circuit like the accessories (e.g., interior light) for parking mode may work for the fuse connections. Ensure that the fuse amperage is 5A or somewhat lower for safety when using the hardwire kit. Confirm with a multimeter and, if in doubt, seek professional help to ensure a good installation. Best wishes!

Upgrading your Yaris with a wiring kit and fuse tap sounds like a solid project! Ensure you follow the installation guide carefully, securing proper connections. Double-check the fuse compatibility and enjoy the enhanced functionality. Happy wiring on your 2007 Yaris adventure!Gb Whatsapp Download

i would use fuse 8 for a switched supply, then if you have a multimeter turn your car ignition off take the key out and start having a prod in an empty fuse holder to see if any of them are live if there is one use that for your constant power. i done mine this way i still put a fuse tap into the empty fuse slot but in the tap i only had a fuse in the top slot leading to the tap wire.

But as always check the fuse's with a meter to make sure they are live and dead etc

If you install it backwards, the fuse for the original circuit will supply power to both circuits, and then the power for the additional circuit will flow through fuse 2. Inserted backwards, both circuits are limited to the rating of fuse 1 (original circuit fuse).

Back