Installing/Using Power Magic Pro

FX4RoadWarrior

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR-650GW-2CH with Power Magic Pro
Hi everyone, I just got a BlackVue DR650GW-2CH with a Power Magic Pro from amazon.ca

This is going into my 2014 F-150.

A few questions, what settings are you guys using with the Power Magic Pro I don't wanna get stranded with a dead battery. What kind of time frame are you guys getting with the 12V setting versus the 11.8V setting? Should I use the timer instead?

Thanks and sorry if this info is posted elsewhere just easier to pack my questions into 1 thread.

Looking forward to capturing the morons of the road I see daily ASAP!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just got a BlackVue DR650GW-2CH with a Power Magic Pro from amazon.ca

This is going into my 2014 F-150.

A few questions, what settings are you guys using with the Power Magic Pro I don't wanna get stranded with a dead battery. What kind of time frame are you guys getting with the 12V setting versus the 11.8V setting? Should I use the timer instead?

Thanks and sorry if this info is posted elsewhere just easier to pack my questions into 1 thread.

Looking forward to capturing the morons of the road I see daily ASAP!

Its hard to say since your truck battery may last longer than a car plus I'm sure your winters are cold and that can affect the time too.

Not sure if they work for trucks but I got a powerall battery that charges at home or from the 12v socket and can jump start a car. I would assume it works for aby vehicle that is 12v but I'm not positive. But anyways its an option if you are worried about a dead battery especially in the winter.

Thanks for the reply!

I have a small portable jump pack I can carry but I think I will also test out the different settings of it to see if I can find a setting that won't leave my truck dead, the longest it sits is at home anyways.

I leave my 2014 civic on 11.8v and it cuts off the power about 4-6 hours after the car is off.

I've never had a problem as of yet starting my car and it gets to -20C here in Ottawa (Canada) all the time.

Anyone know if it's worth turning wifi OFF to try to reduce the power consumption?

Last edited:
I thought the wifi turned off after a few minutes when in parking mode?

Hi Teedee. Wifi should turn off about 10 minutes after you stop using it.

Back