Installing VIOFO A129 DUO in 2018 Nissan Murano

yeahitschris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, looking for some advice on how to install a dashcam on my wife's 2018 Nissan Murano.

I bought all the necessary components to execute the install.

VIOFO A129 Plus Duo
VIOFO Hardwire Kit
FOSHIO 3Pack 12V/24V Automotive Replacement Fuses Add A Circuit Fuse Holder ACN TAP Adapter with Low Profile ATM Blade Style Fuse Include 5A 10A 15A Fuse and Wire Harness
Circuit Tester

Located & opened the fuse box on the driver's side but I'm at a loss at which fuse to use for this install. I'm looking to have the dashcam with the ability to run parking mode so I would need a constant and an ACC fuse slot.

Turn off your car,remove the key, and use a multimeter to check on which fuse you have power even when the car is off. Use that fuse slot for constant power as long as it has a fuse of more than 2 A. The fuse will be the positive line. For testing you can find a bolt that is connected to the cars chasis and use that bolt as the negative circuit.

You might find the wiring diagram of your fusebox engraved on the inside of the door of your fusebox. If not it is included for sure in your user manual. Or you can simply Google it. On this diagram the acc should be marked.

Last edited:
Also you might find the wiring diagram of your fusebox engraved on the inside of your fusebox. If not it is included for sure in your user manual. Or you can simply Google it. On this diagram the acc should be clearly marked. Both options should work

Turn off your car,remove the key, and use a multimeter to check on which fuse you have power even when the car is off. Use that fuse slot for constant power as long as it has a fuse of more than 2 A. The fuse will be the positive line. For testing you can find a bolt that is connected to the cars chasis and use that bolt as the negative circuit.

You might find the wiring diagram of your fusebox engraved on the inside of the door of your fusebox. If not it is included for sure in your user manual. Or you can simply Google it. On this diagram the acc should be marked.
Thats what I tried to do but the multimeter I got off Amazon I think broke on me. Couldn't even use it once smh. Bought another one an OReilly's Auto Parts doesnt work as expected. It only shows the fuses that are on when the car turns on and both sides are 'positives' smh.

Both sides of a working fuse will have the same charge unless the fuse failed. What you need to do is probe with one multimeter probe the fuse/positive and with the other the bolt/chassis/your cars negative circuit. To check if the multimeter works probe a regular battery (aas,aa cell etc) and see what it indicates. Just touch the two probes to the two poles of the battery.

Back