Intelligent Parking Mod

No1VIPER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Aukey DR02 D
I'm thinking about buying the Nextbase 522GW. The feature I'm most interested in is the 'Intelligent Parking Mode'.

- Has anyone who owns one tested it?
- What is the start up time?
- How reliable is it?

I can't seem to find any information about this really.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

the video shows at least a 3 second delay between the event and the start of the recording, even if you know who hit it, you still have no proof

the video shows at least a 3 second delay between the event and the start of the recording, even if you know who hit it, you still have no proof
This is a video of a lower end/older model though. But it's all I can find. That's why I'm trying to get feedback from users of the 522GW. As I'm hoping the start up time is more or less instant.

Have yet to see a solution that offers instant recording from standby, three seconds is about as good as it gets with current technology

Have yet to see a solution that offers instant recording from standby, three seconds is about as good as it gets with current technology
Damn. I really don't know what to get now then. Ideally I should wait for better radar equipped ones I think, but I can't see the prices coming down anytime soon, or them being very reliable at the moment... But I need a new dash cam now too. As the Aukey DR02 D just isn't cutting it at all [emoji53][emoji848]

What you need is something that supports buffered parking?

Parking mode is proper hit and miss, If something or someone sets it off with the car suffering movement by the time it powers on what ever caused it is driving off or ran off and all you get is 2 minutes recording of what ever you're facing so not much use. Also it is a pain in the backside as everytime you open or shut the car door it sets it bloody off and fills your protected folder with files. Hopefully soon developers will be able to work on this feature and make it better.

Better off with one that also powers down after set time periods then goes into G-shock standby .

You definitely want one that records whilst you are in the supermarket !

Better off with one that also powers down after set time periods then goes into G-shock standby .

You definitely want one that records whilst you are in the supermarket !
Any recommendations?

I'm trying to put together a parking mode comparison table, but it's quite tedious as for most manufacturers parking mode is afterthought really and usually gets the least attention compared to other features.

If you have somewhere to charge powerbanks when your car is parked, another option to get a dashcam with a low-bitrate or timelapse mode and then to power the cam with one powerbank while charging another, and then swap them every time you park up.
Only issue is this uses up the sdcard a lot more and reviewing footage is a pain (I've used audacity to find the "bang" noise within the footage)

Back