Mercyxx76xx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to the forum today as seen a lot of helpful advice. I have just got the 512gw and rear camera setup. I have managed to fit pretty easily hiding all the cables all be it a few nicks to fingers where I grazed on plastic trim.

Anyway my question is I have intelligent parking mode on (I think that’s what it’s called) now I have done some reading and a lot of you have the same issue, when opening or closing doors the dash cam starts recording a protected file (ok I can cope with that I got a Samsung EVO 128gb class 10 card, I’ll format it every 2 weeks), I’m just wondering do I have to stop the intelligent parking recording before driving or will it do it automatically??

Thank you in advance for you help.

It should do it automatically when it detects motion

Thank you @mrklaw thats brilliant just what I wanted to know. Also can I ask what is the benefit of hardwiring? As currently I’m using the cigarette charger.

Just an update, I left the parking sensor on all night and with these winds and no false triggers and battery still charged.

you can always test your settings in relation to parking mode, by walking in front of cameras ( motion detect ) or give the car a good push when parked ( G sensor ), maybe kick the wheels and see if that trigger any event recordings as planned.
Hard wire you most often need to do to take use of parking mode features as most often the cigarette plug are off when the car are parked, and the camera need power when it is parked to do parking guard.
Another reason to hard wire might be you want the cigarette lighter plug free as you need it for other things or just don't want any wires draped across your dashboard or center console.

Personally i don't care much for parking guard, but i will be trying that out some time during spring, but in general i don't feel all that much need for it as i drive a cheap little car which are just a car so i an not connected it so bad that a little door ding will hurt me that much, and at home i have CCTV on my car where it is parked.
But i have gotten my car vandalized 3 times after i moved where i live now, and that's the prime reason i have cctv on my car now, cuz those kind of people i do want to be able to identify and punish in a way the Danish society feel are a bit too harsh, and so i cant use the normal channel + that's also in-vane now with the state of Danish society and a understaffed overburdened police force that cant or don't have time for such "little" things.

When driving i don't feel any need for event detection such as G force, i am sure i will detect that myself and the cameras are recording all the time anyhow so it will also be recorded, just not put in a read only state / folder, which are okay with me as my memory are not that bad yet.

In general motion detect are to be avoided in regard to parking guard, as it will generate a event on even the smallest movement like a bird flying past your car 5 meters away, and since you have both front and rear camera ever worse resulting in a lot of false "events" getting created.
So personally i will only rely on G sensor when parked, or the always recording time lapse that many cameras have started to use in parking mode.

Tidier, as well as HW kit often contains circuitry to prevent over discharging the car battery and the fact that a lot of cars switch off the cig lighter when the car is switched off.

Thank you @mrklaw thats brilliant just what I wanted to know. Also can I ask what is the benefit of hardwiring? As currently I’m using the cigarette charger.

Just an update, I left the parking sensor on all night and with these winds and no false triggers and battery still charged.

Honestly I’m not sure anymore about hardwiring even though I bought a kit and have installation booked in

The NextBase units should IMO only be hardwired to an ignition switched source - turns off when your car is off. This is for two reasons. The cam has a battery built in designed to help with parking mode; and the voltage protection in the hardwire kit is set VERY low - 11.8v I think. So if you hardwire to an always live connection you risk running the battery down on your car. Some cams use a three wire solution so you connect to both switched and live which is used to trigger parking mode when you turn the car off. NextBase doesn’t have that and instead relies on either loss of power or detecting no movement for 5mins to go into parking mode

So - if hardwire is limited to an ignition switches source, the only real benefit is neatness and not taking up a socket. My car has a socket under the glove box so for now it’s neat enough (and my fuse box is in the bloody boot so a pain to get the cabling to)

You may have a good one. Check it after a some heavy rain too. Mine has constant false recordings

Isn't it odd that some seem to be almost constantly recording whilst others behave, what's the difference ?

Back