Interested in comments regard the F800 Pro updates........ UK Based.

Maxspeed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced my F770 with a F800 Pro in late November and accepted that updates would follow as and when, I finally got around to downloading the updated version and transferred it to my dash cam just this week-end, it's quite an update judging by the length of time it took, about 15/20 mins at least to update the dashcam, you could be forgiven for thinking it's stalled but be patient.
Not sure what the full update benefits are as I have not driven far, one immediate and obvious AND necessary improvement was the audio, the voice has changed and is now crystal clear.

What else am I hoping for, well I changed my vehicle and this new one has a less forgiving suspension so I need to checkout the 'Incident' recording and adjust it down a bit, I did find quite a difference between the F770 and F800 Pro when it came to audible warnings related to lane departure and close proximity, the F800 is not as sensitive despite playing around with the settings and just a few weeks prior to me updating, the lane departure audio changed totally to a sort of 'Clack' 'Clack'...... so hopefully this may have improved and I will tinker with the settings in an attempt to fine tune it.

So over to you, I'll be very interested in the findings, results and comments with regard to the F800 Pro and especially if you moved from the F770.

Cheers Good People. J.

Ya know if you goto thinkware you can read what the updates are for dont you?

Changed step for agree terms of using cloud service
- Corrected some minor issues
c.f) Setting will be initialized once updating the firmware

Doesnt look like a huge update

Hello CK.

Yes checked it out, as you remark 'Minor Issues' that statement from the manufacturer is open bracketed and may well be minor but not specific, as I said a very marked difference in the audio, now a very neutral accent, but now with exceptional clarity, the original was akin to some of the first Binatone transistor radios of the 60's, very tinny and unclear, for that reason I asked if other F800 Pro users have noted improvements for or against.
I based the size of the update on the time it took to download onto the dash cam, initially you receive several audio warnings not to switch off during the update, the warnings cease but the update continues for quite a long time, over 20 minutes.

J.

Ya know if you goto thinkware you can read what the updates are for dont you?

Changed step for agree terms of using cloud service
- Corrected some minor issues
c.f) Setting will be initialized once updating the firmware

Doesnt look like a huge update

Back