Interested in PanoramaII

Vince33

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm interested in buying the PanoramaII but I have the following questions:
- Has anyone any experience with cutting the cigarette plug and connecting the wires directly to other wires in the car? I have no room for such a large plug under the steering wheel where I want to connect it to wires that give power when the car starts.

- A long shot question, but does anyone know if the power connector to the device is the same as for the ITB100HD? Because in that case I only have to take off the ITB and mount this PanoramaII and don't have to play with the wires again! That would spare me a lot of work.

- Is there an internal GPS version coming soon? I really dislike the fact I need to connect and place an external GPS module. If not, does anyone know of a similair dashcam that has internal GPS? I'm mainly looking for a cam with the best night quality and GPS.

- The PanoramaII was released early 2013 right? Any sight on a new version soon?

Thanks
Vince

new versions are released frequently. See elsewhere under powerucc in this forum.

this camera automatically starts recording, when plugged in. there is also an adapter that will connect directly to your accessory connections in the fuse box, without requiring wire cutting. Which on modern cars that send signals via their wires, is highly desirable etc etc.

I have a P II & prefer having the option of a separate gps unit, to ensure that I always get a strong signal.

what connector does the ITB100HD use?

david

new versions are released frequently. See elsewhere under powerucc in this forum.

this camera automatically starts recording, when plugged in. there is also an adapter that will connect directly to your accessory connections in the fuse box, without requiring wire cutting. Which on modern cars that send signals via their wires, is highly desirable etc etc.

I have a P II & prefer having the option of a separate gps unit, to ensure that I always get a strong signal.

what connector does the ITB100HD use?

david
thanks for your quick reply.

by versions i mean models, not firmware version. i mean really a new model, which would for instance have a better lens, or gps internal etc.

i know the camera will start recording automatically, but of course the wires (or cigaratte socket) needs to provide power ;).
the adapter that you mention is the cigarette plug, correct? I don't want to use my cigarette socket because it also gives power when the car is turned off (and also i want to use it for other devices).
So i just want to take off the cigarette plug adapter and connect the wires to other wires (under my steering wheel) that provide power when the car starts (and not all the time). I already have this setup with my current 2 dashcams and it works fine.
I wast just wondering if this device will give problems when i cut the wires and connect it they way I want.
If anyone has experience with that, let me know!

regarding the connector. i have no idea how to call it. i guess only if someone by chance has or had both camera's and can see if they are they same, they can let me know. otherwise i think i'll just have to try.

the ITB-100 has GPS internal and it always works. so i don't see a reason why an external module would be better for me. may depend on where you live. i live in Netherlands where GPS coverage is excellent.

The "multi-safer" device will let you hardware and keep recording when vehicle is parked. Or just hardwire it yourself with a fusable link. You won't be disappointed in the Pano II, it's a great camera.

The "multi-safer" device will let you hardware and keep recording when vehicle is parked. Or just hardwire it yourself with a fusable link.
I'm not asking about permanent recording. Please reread my question(s).
What do you mean by fusable link?

I'm interested in buying the PanoramaII but I have the following questions:
- Has anyone any experience with cutting the cigarette plug and connecting the wires directly to other wires in the car? I have no room for such a large plug under the steering wheel where I want to connect it to wires that give power when the car starts.

- A long shot question, but does anyone know if the power connector to the device is the same as for the ITB100HD? Because in that case I only have to take off the ITB and mount this PanoramaII and don't have to play with the wires again! That would spare me a lot of work.

- Is there an internal GPS version coming soon? I really dislike the fact I need to connect and place an external GPS module. If not, does anyone know of a similair dashcam that has internal GPS? I'm mainly looking for a cam with the best night quality and GPS.

- The PanoramaII was released early 2013 right? Any sight on a new version soon?

Thanks
Vince

The newest version of Panorama II is called Panorama S, - it's mainly for local Korean market. Nothing new, just added front security LED and wider lens surrounding.
Just released Panorama S for International market, which called Panorama 2S with option of adding a CPL filter. It basically the same as Panorama S, but has metal ring on the lens surrounding where you can attach CPL filter from Finevu CR500HD. The only one who sells Panorama 2S at the moment is RoadCam.

Yes, you can cut cigarette lighter plug ( charger / adaptor ) and hardwire ( tap in ) directly into your car fuse box ACC and ignition, but lowest fuse is 5Amp. You need 3Amps just to be on the safe side.
You can buy separate cigarette lighter socket, connect to your car fuse fox and into this socket connect original panorama cigarette lighter charger plug, everything hide behind / under dash in the fuse compartment or under steering wheel, er any other place, - there are a lot of place in each car.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your reply Niko! it's very clear,

regarding the S version:
i'm wondering. is this CPS filter really needed? does it really make a positive difference in quality of the recordings?
won't it reduce incoming light at night then as well?
do i have to take it off and on everyday when it becomes dark (to prevent darker quality at night due to the filter)?
i prefer not to do that everyday.

you see if i don't need the CPS filter, then i might also not need the S version, right?

i'm wondering. is this CPS filter really needed? does it really make a positive difference in quality of the recordings?
won't it reduce incoming light at night then as well?

Hi Vince,

Regarding the CPL filter, I don't think you actually need it. I've always used mine without a filter and am quite happy with it. The filter is only needed if the reflections on your windshield become unbearable. Luckily, in my case (I'm guessing it depends on the angle against the windshield plus the distance between them) the reflections I see are minimal so I have no problems with them. Plus I think you're right, a CPL filter will make the image darker possibly making it lose a few details when it's dark outside. Take a look at the second page on this thread, there are videos of people who posted a CPL vs. no-CPL comparison.

And, to do the hardwiring part, you can always buy a female cigarette socket adapter plus an add-a-circuit and you can tap into any circuit in your fuse box that comes on with ignition. Plus you can change it to an always-on fuse whenever you feel the need of recording even when the car is off. I provided Amazon links to illustrate the parts but you can readily find them at your local Autozone or equivalent auto parts store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank guys for all the questions.
My next question is:
Can I turn off the speed registration in the video, but so it does get registered in the file or a separate file?
I don't want it in the video but I want to be able to see it back how fast i was going.

Thank guys for all the questions.
My next question is:
Can I turn off the speed registration in the video, but so it does get registered in the file or a separate file?
I don't want it in the video but I want to be able to see it back how fast i was going.

There isn't a way to do that, perhaps it's worth flagging with @Sungmoon Jang so it goes on the list of feature enhancements. I too like the GPS functionality, but I can see how it could be a problem if used as evidence.

Ok sungmoon replied this

"
I know what you mean.
But I am sorry to inform you, I have no shcedule for GPS data file seperate.
The time stamp only can be insert to the picture cause I will prevent the change the data.
Before I use smi file. It can modify. Modify means can change the data.
The footage should have exact data only.
So this data is useful & have exact proof. IF the data can be changed, the proof is useless.
Please understand why I do not make the seperate GPS data file."

Niko are you maybe able to create a firmware where the speed is registered in a file (to be viewed in the pc viewer application) but is not writter hardcoded in the video image?

Hi everybody!

I am planning to buy my first dash cam. And I think that Powerucc Panorama is for me... :) I want accurate and fast GPS and reliable camera with good video quality and I have understand that Panorama have these features.

I have some questions...

Is this one and same camera?
http://www.amazon.com/RoadCam-RCPANO2SDVR-Panorama2S-cigarette-Adhessive/dp/B00JFUU5OM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1397485271&sr=1-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181244084845
Small picture in eBay shows blue led but other pictures does not...

Which one is the newest model?

I am sure that later I have more questions about Panorama... ;)

Thank you so much for answering!

Hi everybody!

I am planning to buy my first dash cam. And I think that Powerucc Panorama is for me... :) I want accurate and fast GPS and reliable camera with good video quality and I have understand that Panorama have these features.

I have some questions...

http://www.amazon.com/RoadCam-RCPANO2SDVR-Panorama2S-cigarette-Adhessive/dp/B00JFUU5OM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1397485271&sr=1-1

It is same product. Both are newest.

Hi everybody!

I have some questions...

It is same product. Both are newest.

Niko are you maybe able to create a firmware where the speed is registered in a file (to be viewed in the pc viewer application) but is not writter hardcoded in the video image?

Are those GPS unit same product as well?

Can I choose bitrate from menu or is it allways the same? Was it 21mbps in newest firmware?

Which one I should purchase camera + gps unit + cpl and possible hard wire power supply kit...

From Amazon or from eBay?

Which one of these sellers is more reliable and sends fastest to Europe? And which one warranty etc things works better?

shpkorea seems to be a little bit cheaper.

Did this new model come to sale in April? If so... How shpkorea have sold camera before that? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...tem=181244084845&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2569

And about memory cards... Have anyone any experience about these memory cards?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/350956552273
https://www.ebay.com/itm/370966176017
Is read / write speeds enough good in these cards for Panorama with FullHD?

Thank you so much again for answering!

:)

And BTW...

What software you guys recommend to pixelated/blur registration plate numbers, faces etc in videos?

And what about when I turn off car and camera goes off... How long it will keep time etc in memory...?

I appreciate your help...

Last edited:
If someone could kindly answer those questions what I asked so I would dare order Powerucc Panorama II/S 2014 model... ;)

I appreciate your help...

And sorry for asking dumb questions... :(:oops:

Bit rate is locked depending on which firmware you flash. 12(stock)/18/21

Buy from shpkorea on eBay. It's probably the easiest option.

The Panorama S has been available for about a month now.

Those Transcend cards should be okay. I've never used them, though. I prefer Samsung memory cards. Read/write speeds are good with the Class 10 cards.

I've never found a need to blur out faces/rego numbers, so I can't comment on that.

If you don't use the battery discharge prevention device and only use the 12V power cable, then the battery should be good for about a week. The clock is a very small power drain. Start your car once a week and you'll be fine.

I think that answered your questions.
If you're considering buying this camera DO IT. You won't regret it.

Received my: Panorama II S last Wednesday and looks good! I'm not using a CPL filter because I don't want to take it off every evening.

What I really do not understand though is that the material of the device is reflective/shiny black!
A dashcam must be as unnoticeable as possible to prevent theft. So why on earth make it so reflective!?!?
I'll see if I can draw over it with a black marker, or put black tape on it (but then I'm afraid it will become too hot).
I will also draw the logo and lens ring black.
From pictures on the internet it seems the material differs per device. Was I unlucky? Or are all new models this way?

Compared to my ITB100 the image is much clearer, and captures much more light at night.
Mainly at night though you see a more yellow/orange glare, while the ITB100 is more white. Probably because it captures longer the yellow streetlights.

Luckily the powerplug is identical to the ITB, so I don't have to install that wire again.
Will move the ITB to the back of the car though, so i'll have to install a wire to there.

Firmware update also went fine.

So far my first experience.

[edit]
I've now mounted the dashcam with the permanent mount and wtf do I see? the 3M tape for that mount is GREY! so again very noticable! I took it off right away and used my own transparent double sided tape. So now it's transparant and thus black.
I just hate the shiny/reflective material of the whole device. I really can't understand that.

Last edited:
Back