Interested in SG9663DCPRO+

xyu123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello @Street Guardian USA , I am new to the forum. I have done some research, and I am interested in getting a SG9663DCPRO+

A couple of questions:
  1. would there be any additional discount to buy from SG directly, compared to online retailers, say Amazon ? I know they have prime day coming up, just curious whether this product would be on sale there as well
  2. when will it arrive with regular shipping from SG website? (my zip is 07302)
  3. do you recommend self installation or getting a car stereo shop (or Bestbuy) to help install ?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Street Guardian USA , I am new to the forum. I have done some research, and I am interested in getting a SG9663DCPRO+

A couple of questions:
  1. would there be any additional discount to buy from SG directly, compared to online retailers, say Amazon ? I know they have prime day coming up, just curious whether this product would be on sale there as well
  2. when will it arrive with regular shipping from SG website? (my zip is 07302)
  3. do you recommend self installation or getting a car stereo shop (or Bestbuy) to help install ?

Thanks in advance!

Hi yes I’ll private message you a special coupon shortly. We ship USPS priority mail from south Florida. Your local car audio shop is best.

Been running this dashcam since the summer (shameless plug for my video review on this dashcam) Regarding #3: even though SG does make it fairly easy to install I personally prefer going to a trusted electronics installer to get it done. They'll do a better job keeping the wires clean and hidden. And if you haven't done it before you'll need to buy a circuit tester for when you tap it into a fuse. Much nicer to spend an hour at the installer than it is to burn a weekend with a DIY.

Been running this dashcam since the summer (shameless plug for my video review on this dashcam) Regarding #3: even though SG does make it fairly easy to install I personally prefer going to a trusted electronics installer to get it done. They'll do a better job keeping the wires clean and hidden. And if you haven't done it before you'll need to buy a circuit tester for when you tap it into a fuse. Much nicer to spend an hour at the installer than it is to burn a weekend with a DIY.

Nice review thanks for that.

FYI about Menu navigation: I wanted to share more info on why we don’t have one short touch of the menu button to enter the menus. (so anyone seeing this understand)

It’s a long press to enter the menu as we want it to be an intentional decision when someone accesses the menus.

You touched on the reason we do this when you mention the high-stress situation, the last thing we want is someone reaching for the emergency button and hitting the menu button by mistake and causing the camera to stop recording right when they need it the most, just wanted you to understand the logic behind why we set it up the way we did, nice review though, very professional and we like your presentation style.

Night Performance will be improved further with our next firmware release. Check out the before and after WDR on/off examples in the following threads. (changes will come to all Street Guardian IMX291 products)

Thanks guys! I have watched a couple of videos on YT, and have it installed myself and so far so good! Took about 3 hours including everything.

One thing I should have done differently is that I put on the thin mount on the windshield first, and then put the CPL on the front camera, and then put the cam onto the mount.

The width of the CPL lens forces the front cam to look more towards the hood than I would like to (thinking of lower 1/3 section of video is hood) . The reason is that the thin mount does not seem to provide enough clearance if you put the CPL on the front cam. I should have put the thick mount for better clearance.

Looking forward to the firmware update @Street Guardian USA mentioned!

Yeah things should get a kick upwards soon.

The thick mount provides extra clearance for the CPL to clear the glass a bit more.

Use our included plastic trim tool crowbar, Stick it into the corner of the mount and slowly twist until it pops off.

Back