Interesting problem...

Russwll Lawrence

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BullrtHD
A friend came over and we went out for a small ride to get a late lunch... We went to LaBelle, Fl to eat at The Log Cabin for some BBQ... I had the 32gb card that came with the unit... I have updated to the latest firmware... The unit recorded the trip out there just fine... After lunch,,, my friend headed home and I went back to Lehigh Acres where I live...
I pulled the SD card out and went to my computer and tried to convert the raw footage to a movie... there were 4 files on the sd card...
upload_2016-3-20_20-20-44.png

File 0001 was taken yesterday,,, files 2,3,4 were written today

my setup file is :
upload_2016-3-20_20-24-59.png

files 1,2,3 play just fine... the 4th file is the file that was started on the return trip is unplayable...
upload_2016-3-20_20-28-40.png

Anybody have any ideas... this is the second time this has happened...

Sound like the last file have not been terminated proberly and is corrupted, the repair file in registrator viewer should be able to fix that up for you.

registrator viewer will ask for a working base line file to repair the broken file, then you just tell it to use one of the 3 working files.

Offcourse this is not the way to go about it, the camera should terminate the last recording with no problem, but if you have been dealing with Jon at pier28 you will be fine as he will have you sorted out in no time.

Russ: This is the same problem that I am having. I get dead files most of the time. I have, I THINK, Narrowed it down to the SD cards that I am using.

I have 2 64gb, No Name cards that have been very inconsistant. I installed a good brand 32gb, and a 16gb (I have two cameras, front and back) So I ordered 2 new 64gb Transcent cards that are a tougher design to handle Automotive type video recordings. Better cards might be the answer, I'll know more when I get them in next week.

Failure to save the last file is usually due to a bad battery.

It is not a bad battery problem as it is a new camera and I have had it on battery alone for 10+ minutes...

John - I am using the Transend 32gb card it came with... I have larger cards but in use now... I am going to play with the time gap setting and a few others to see if anything changes... I hope Jon is in communication with the SW people on this problem... It has to be in the routine that closes to program out...

Back