Interference through radio caused by rear camera.

maverick181

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Blackvue 500, Biker Pro,
How do I stop interference coming through the radio due to rear camera.

It's a carcam 111 which my daughters not using anymore, so I decided to attach it to the rear window.
But when it turns on the radio reception becomes crap.

The aerial is the strips attached to the the rear window.

if you are mounting it over the antenna you are probably not going to be able to improve things

I had the same issue with my wife's Honda. Tried SG9665GC, A118-C and G1w-H cameras as a rear cam and interference was always there to some degree or another. Tried different power supplies including 12V-5V USB adapters and noise was still there. Finally concluded it was just the shielding (or lack thereof) in her radio.

Finally ended up using a Blacksys CF-100 and the interference went away - probably because there is no dedicated power supply going to the rear cam. Either that or the cable is shielded well enough that it doesn't interfere with the radio.

having a power supply sitting on top of an antenna is going to be impossible to avoid it being picked up, in glass antennas are typically amplified which makes it even more prone to picking up noise

having a power supply sitting on top of an antenna is going to be impossible to avoid it being picked up, in glass antennas are typically amplified which makes it even more prone to picking up noise
I'm sure it varies considerably from vehicle to vehicle. That situation is/was very true with my wife's Honda. However, I have an SG9665GC in the rear of my vehicle right on top of the antenna wires with no interference at all. Same camera in my wife's car was a disaster.

Some cars will suffer more than others and very hard to get perfect results with every type of vehicle I think

Some cars will suffer more than others and very hard to get perfect results with every type of vehicle I think
I would suspect that newer vehicles with more electronics will have better shielding/filtering than those from a few years back. I'm sure some manufacturers may be more sensitive to the issue as well.

I would suspect that newer vehicles with more electronics will have better shielding/filtering than those from a few years back. I'm sure some manufacturers may be more sensitive to the issue as well.

I'm not sure there's any blanket rule about which models are ok and which aren't, it's very much a case of try it and see at times

Back