Intermittent issues with möbius c3 wide angle lens camera

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
Hi,
I own a möbius c3 wide angle lens action camera and it I've owned it for around 9 months now, and I've got an intermittent recording issue. I'm using a genuine tomtom 12v USB charger/socket that goes into my van cigarette lighter socket, and I'm using a 3 meter long (eBay) mini USB standard lead to charge/auto record. I've mounted the möbius on the rear of my van on the outside on top of my reversing camera bracket as I've got the möbius magnet mount attached. When I've plugged it in, it has started to record and then after about 5/10 mins it will go into photo mode? I'm using a 32gb Kingston genuine class 4 micro sd card to note. I can only assume it's the charging lead causing issues because the mini USB part going into the Connector to the möbius feels slightly loose where as if I plug in the short (supplied) möbius mini USB standard lead it clicks in better and feels slightly tighter... any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

I'm sorry, I think I've put this in the incorrect möbius section as it's not an m2...

Copy and paste to the other forum for faster answers, though most of the more knowledgeable members here follow both forums. No biting at new members is allowed here ;)

Welcome to DCT :D
Phil

Hi,
I own a möbius c3 wide angle lens action camera and it I've owned it for around 9 months now, and I've got an intermittent recording issue. I'm using a genuine tomtom 12v USB charger/socket that goes into my van cigarette lighter socket, and I'm using a 3 meter long (eBay) mini USB standard lead to charge/auto record. I've mounted the möbius on the rear of my van on the outside on top of my reversing camera bracket as I've got the möbius magnet mount attached. When I've plugged it in, it has started to record and then after about 5/10 mins it will go into photo mode? I'm using a 32gb Kingston genuine class 4 micro sd card to note. I can only assume it's the charging lead causing issues because the mini USB part going into the Connector to the möbius feels slightly loose where as if I plug in the short (supplied) möbius mini USB standard lead it clicks in better and feels slightly tighter... any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

Well, for one thing the Mobius is not made to be mounted outside your vehicle. It is a bit unclear but it does sound like that's what you are saying, no? If so, that could be the source of your troubles right there.

Aside from that possibility, which firmware version are you using?

Have you formatted the memory card anytime recently?

Do you use a battery or a super-capacitor.

The more information you provide, the better members will be able to assist you.

Back