Intermittent power issues with SG9665GC v3

guest28127

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, I've been having what appear to be intermittent power issues with my SG9665GC v3 (w/ included SG power cord) purchased on the Street Guardian USA Amazon store December of 2016. A few months ago, I started noticing my SG9665GC v3 intermittently turning on and off while in the middle of driving. I'd reinsert the power cord in the cigarette lighter and the other mini-USB power end in the camera, thinking the cables weren't seated properly and forget about it until the issue began reoccurring more frequently.

A few days ago, when turning on my car, I noticed the camera would not boot and start recording. Instead, I'd see a white "POWER" LED light up, and then slowly fade out with the display blank. I would reinsert the power cord and was able to re-create the same behavior about 3 times. On the 4th try, the camera turned on without issue, I then decided to do reset the camera to default settings and format the SD card (something which I had regularly done with the camera roughly every month).

I just reviewed footage of yesterday's commute and for footage taken on Sept, 8, the footage for that day didn't start in my garage as it normally would, but about a 1-2 miles or ~5 minutes into my commute. Could someone help me rule out whether this is a power cord or cigarette lighter receptacle or possibly camera hardware issue before I go out and buy a new SD card? I don't think the SD card has many write cycles on it, my work commute is very short and I typically don't drive very far on a daily basis.

Other notes: this camera had been running the latest SG20180323.V4 firmware since the end of March and I'm using the Transcend SD that was included with the camera when purchased.

PS: I've been using the SG9665GC line since v2, which I first bought in December of 2015 from Pier28. It is now currently serving in rear-camera duty and has been admirably stable throughout its operation. Apologies in advance if the post is too verbose in its current form.

Thank you, I will try that. Any other diagnostic or troubleshooting steps I could try before reporting back?

after swapping first the microsd cards and later the power supply from my SG9665GC v2 with the v3 and waiting, I'm happy to have now ruled out that camera hardware is fine but the power supply is faulty (this morning I noticed it completely conked out and now fails to power on any of the SG9665GC dash cams I own)

where can I find a replacement power supply for the v3?

Thanks

after swapping microsd cards and the power supply and waiting, I'm happy to have now ruled out that camera hardware is fine but the power supply is faulty (this morning I noticed it completely conked out and now fails to power on any of the SG9665GC dash cams I own)

where can I find a replacement power supply for the v3?

Thanks

Send me an email or private message. I’ll send you one of the updated ones all metal tip now.

Back