Intermittent rear camera

I have been sent 2 rear cameras (one with one without cable) and 2 front cameras and still struggled with this. Even bought the high endurance card.

The recent 2023 firmware (on their site, not beta) seems to have solved the issue. Since I had the 2nd front/rear camera I swaped it with my older 1080p camera to try that and this one is reliable too. The notes specifically mention "screen turning on and off" - which may refer to the rear camera turning on and off on the screen itself, maybe.

For clarity it was V1.9_20230221 for RearcamA129FW from here https://viofo.com/content/37-viofo-a129-plus-duo-dash-cam-support/

And I had upgraded to pretty much any version before this to try to solve my problem, been almost 8 months now.

Last edited:
I have been sent 2 rear cameras (one with one without cable) and 2 front cameras and still struggled with this. Even bought the high endurance card.

The recent 2023 firmware (on their site, not beta) seems to have solved the issue. Since I had the 2nd front/rear camera I swaped it with my older 1080p camera to try that and this one is reliable too. The notes specifically mention "screen turning on and off" - which may refer to the rear camera turning on and off on the screen itself, maybe.

This is great news! Thank you for letting us know - will update my cameras.

I’ve been using the beta that was provided for a while now and no issues since. I will update to 1.9 eventually. So yea it definitely was a software issue all along. I’m just glad it was finally resolved.

Back