Intermittent sound recording problem

James wildy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! Newbie here....

I have just got a new Mini 0805 and I am just getting to grips with it.

One thing I can't figure out is the sound - frequently it just doesn't record sound at all. But it's so inconsistent that I'm having trouble making any sense of it.

Sometimes there is no sound from first setting off on a journey, and I even believe the sound has dropped at a point during the journey too, though not 100% certain about this.

I have upgraded the firmware to 20141204 v1.0 to no avail, sadly.

Is it something to do with powering on/off? When I unlock my car the power to the 0805 is established, before starting the engine. Also, before removing the Micro SD, should I power off the 0805? Grasping at straws - don't want it to be faulty!

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Hi! Newbie here....

I have just got a new Mini 0805 and I am just getting to grips with it.

One thing I can't figure out is the sound - frequently it just doesn't record sound at all. But it's so inconsistent that I'm having trouble making any sense of it.

Sometimes there is no sound from first setting off on a journey, and I even believe the sound has dropped at a point during the journey too, though not 100% certain about this.

I have upgraded the firmware to 20141204 v1.0 to no avail, sadly.

Is it something to do with powering on/off? When I unlock my car the power to the 0805 is established, before starting the engine. Also, before removing the Micro SD, should I power off the 0805? Grasping at straws - don't want it to be faulty!

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated :)
Have you tried reformatting your SD card in the Mini 0805 after you did the firmware update? That solved a problem I was have with the speed stamp. I also used velcro to attached the GPS mount to the windshield to make it easier to change things. Also can used on several cars now. Found some that had a black backing that helps hid the mounting of the unit. Works great on my new Corvette. Mounted next to my V1 radar.
Vette 0803.jpg

Last edited:
Good idea, I'll reformat and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply!

OK, so I'm more confused now.
I recorded a trip home from work with a 10 min stop off on the way.
I watched my journey on Registrator Viewer -> good picture & clear sound.
Then I stop & leave the car for 5-10 minutes whilst performing a chore (sounds dodgy :D)
I then return to the car, unlock & the recording begins again, but now with no sound (I just let Registrator Viewer play the whole sequence from start to finish btw).
Frustrated with the lack of sound, I start skipping through the recording manually only for the sound to return :confused:
So, in actual fact, the sound has been recorded on this occasion, but Registrator Viewer didn't play it.

Any suggestions?

Basic question, have you noticed the microphone in the right upper corner of the camera's display? It's white for on and red for off. Can be toggled by pressing the units top button.

Ha ha, yes! It's toggled on :).

I also read that there's some anomaly where it might display on but actually be off or vice versa. But I'm pretty sure its on.

Ha ha, yes! It's toggled on :).

I also read that there's some anomaly where it might display on but actually be off or vice versa. But I'm pretty sure its on.

I use Velcro to attach the GPS mount to the windshield as it makes it so such easier to play with and test the camera. Just use the Velcro with the plastic hooks and loops. The camera is so light that it mount rock solid with no vibration. Also can use in several cars with the Velcro.

Just an update for you, the sound issue I was having seemed to be related to my computer/software combo. In Registrator Viewer, under the menu Playback/Decoders, I selected "Using Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder - Never". It works perfectly now. No idea how I figured this out, just played around a bit :rolleyes:

Thanks for peoples input! :)

Back