Introducing Drivewatch - Dashcam Giveaway!

Drivewatch

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

My name is Michael, and I'm the owner of Drivewatch, a new dash cam retailer that sources the best dash cams to offer direct to customers.

I'm aiming for my company to provide the best pricing and customer service for the dash cam community. We're launching with the Drivewatch 380G, which is manufactured by the same company that manufacturers some of the StreetGuardian and Panorama series cameras.

This camera features integrated GPS, a Sony Exmor image sensor, and captures excellent 1080p video. I have lots more information available on the www.drivewatchcamera.com website, and look forward to serving the community here on Dash Cam Talk!

To celebrate, we're giving away one of our dash cams exclusively to Dashcamtalk.com forum members. The dash cam is one of our sample models that we received from our manufacturer, and is pretty much identical to our retail dash cam. Enter at www.drivewatchcamera.com/dashcamtalk.

Thank you, and I look forward to answering any questions from the community about our products. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please email me at contact@drivewatchcamera.com.

*This givewaway isn't affiliated with Dashcamtalk.com in any way; terms and conditions available on our website.

This giveaway is open to US residents only:(

Parklawn, that was an oversight. Open to Canada too, fixing it now! Edit: Fixed!

Glad to see more US vendors coming online!

Edit: looks like a panorama... Does that mean it has parking mode? Would be logical to have if it's made for direct wire connection.

Thanks Gibson99! I've been a dashcam lurker for about a year now, but decided back in March to really jump into this. It's an interesting market, and I've had lots of late night calls with our manufacturers negotiating prices, accessories, etc. It's been fun!

Yes, the camera does have the motion-sensing mode. We're working on some documentation/marketing materials for it that will be posted very soon.

@Drivewatch, I may have missed it but I didn't see the same offer of $15 off that was extended to Reddit members.

Hey Parklawn! You should see the $15 off coupon offer upon filling out the giveaway form. We're running an A/B test to see which option works better to convert to sales. We were originally going to post with the code after about a week of giveaway entries, but I don't want to leave anyone out so I'll post it here. Use coupon code "dashcamtalk15" in the checkout to save an additional $15.

Nice website and hopefully you'll be bringing in a new product or two, provide firmware updates and have all of the fun and headaches of a major distributor. A new business requires a lot of work, risk and determination so you should be commended for taking a chance in a crowded and competative arena. I agree with Gobson99 that it is good to see more U.S. vendors coming online and wish you all the best of luck.

CleanupBoss, sorry for the delayed response! I appreciate the kind words. We'll be bringing on some more products shortly, specifically products that continue to use the excellent Sony Exmor image sensor. We've lined up some fantastic relationships with multiple manufacturing partners, and I'm planning a vendor trip in the next few months. Without giving too much away, I see a huge need for service and support, and I think we're positioned to do well in this area.

Michael, (@Drivewatch )

I have two concerns:
1. The giveaway is done in a sloppy way: The policy (that only shows up as a in-page pop-up upon clicking on the question mark, in small font and thus hard to read) says that it is through August 31, while the text on top of the form says "Enter below for a chance to win – we’re naming a winner on August 15th!".

2. I look at the 10 reviews on Amazon for this cam. All they are 5-star reviews.
You must have a miracle dashcam. None of the dashcams have had 100%-5-star reviews so far, even the most popular ones.
My concern is that all those 10 reviewers have reviews only over a very limited period of time (1-3 months), most of them have some 7-10 reviews each, and all those reviews (except 2 that are still positive) are 5 stars. Moreover, several of those reviewers have reviewed the same (very diverse) products.
Is it statistically possible?
I have never seen so many all-around happy and lucky people who buy the same very different and unrelated products on Amazon and are perfectly satisfied with all of them!

Last edited:
Michael, (@Drivewatch )

I have two concerns:
1. The giveaway is done in a sloppy way: The policy (that only shows up as a in-page pop-up upon clicking on the question mark, in small font and thus hard to read) says that it is through August 31, while the text on top of the form says "Enter below for a chance to win – we’re naming a winner on August 15th!".

2. I look at the 10 reviews on Amazon for this cam. All they are 5-star reviews.
You must have a miracle dashcam. None of the dashcams have had 100%-5-star reviews so far, even the most popular ones.
My concern is that all those 10 reviewers have reviews only over a very limited period of time (1-3 months), most of them have some 7-10 reviews each, and all those reviews (except 2 that are still positive) are 5 stars. Moreover, several of those reviewers have reviewed the same (very diverse) products.
Is it statistically possible?
I have never seen so many all-around happy and lucky people who buy the same very different and unrelated products on Amazon and are perfectly satisfied with all of them!
Welcome to the forum StR :)

Hi StR, thanks for letting us know about the issue with the date. I appreciate you creating a new account and posting on Dashcamtalk to bring this to our attention. The correct date is August 15th, it looks like for some reason our web server was caching an old version of the disclaimer text. It has been fixed, and we will of course honor the sooner date.

Regarding the Amazon reviews, I can see what you're asking. Drivewatch has not paid for people to leave us 5 star reviews, if that's what you're implying. We sell a significant amount of product through our website, and do follow up with folks to leave reviews on Amazon as well.

I am also well aware that our pricing is disruptive to sellers that sell a similar camera - and they aren't happy about it. I make no apologies for that fact - I'd rather have a large amount sales with a smaller profit margin than a small amount of sales charging a 300% markup.

Launching a private label product is not easy, and requires a significant outlay of both capital and time. I've invested a lot of time into sourcing Drivewatch, marketing our product, building the logistics, and creating support structure behind Drivewatch. So far, we've had a good deal of success and am excited to see it continue!

-Mike

*edited "identical" to "similar" - the cameras are branded differently, of course!

Last edited:
Well, I threw my hat in! I've been a lurker for a while and recently decided to join the forum awaiting further news on the A12 processor and to see if any new quad remote camera would pop up. This could be a good intro to the world of dashcam

Well, I threw my hat in! I've been a lurker for a while and recently decided to join the forum awaiting further news on the A12 processor and to see if any new quad remote camera would pop up. This could be a good intro to the world of dashcam
Good luck!

Regarding the Amazon reviews, I can see what you're asking. Drivewatch has not paid for people to leave us 5 star reviews, if that's what you're implying. We sell a significant amount of product through our website, and do follow up with folks to leave reviews on Amazon as well.

I didn't imply anything besides that the combination of the facts that I mentioned is highly improbable.
I can list some other discrepancies (e.g. several reviews posted in May and June reference a review of your cam on this forum, even though the first mentioning of your cam here was not until July). But even without those, I do not appreciate what was involved in "marketing [of y]our product".
You might have a fine product. But even if your product were the best one, that type of marketing tarnished the brand reputation for me.

My chance just went down by one.:eek:
Add one more...
hahaha... I buy but never win lottery so don't expect to win anything but it's fun to be in the game, specially when it doesn't cost to play.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ACUMEN United States 2
Back