iOS13

ckhris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Update totally screwed up connection with the phone. Guess Blackvue didnt anticipate or had the foresight of a horsefly on this big update.

this is even on their website not to mention this website for a fair while now. I don’t know when blackvue going to correct this.

well Ill be, it sure has been mentioned here. I cant believe I missed that in the 900’s section. I guess I should have looked there even though I have a 750s. Silly me

Just to clarify... this was an epic fail on BV.... they had 4 months!! To prepare a compatible app.... they refused to update out of pure laziness thinking that iOS 13 beta was the issue.... Apple made privacy changes that required devs to make updates.... they were warned many times.....but instead They failed their customers by waiting until public release.. but wait it gets worse..... iOS 13 has been out for almost a week & they have not even acknowledged their screw up.. they have not provided any updates!

Update totally screwed up connection with the phone. Guess Blackvue didnt anticipate or had the foresight of a horsefly on this big update.
Lol I let them know in July 17, 2019 of the issue ( still have the email too) and they blamed it on being an issue with the beta.

Lol I let them know in July 17, 2019 of the issue ( still have the email too) and they blamed it on being an issue with the beta.
iOS13.1 was just released to fix a security hole that was reported and verified during the iOS13 betas in July that Apple never fixed in the iOS13 release, much bigger companies than Blackvue can make mistakes

iOS13.1 was just released to fix a security hole that was reported and verified during the iOS13 betas in July that Apple never fixed in the iOS13 release, much bigger companies than Blackvue can make mistakes
The thing is they knew about the WiFi connectivity issue for 2 months. They blamed it on apple instead of reviewing the sdk and seeing that there was a significant change to how Mac addresses were handled. Had they taken the time back then to address the issue and work on the app in the background they would not be scrambling to update their app.

Back