IP camera wrong time by one hour

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad
I have 3 IP camera models from 2 manufacturers. All 3 are 1 hour back and I don't know why.
If I made time sync by using a NTP server in camera settings and adding the GMT +3 (because of summer hour instead of GMT +2) the time is correct for few minutes then is back 1 hour early. Checking the daylight saving time is going the clock 2 hours early if I put my official time-zone of GMT+2!
If I am disabling the NTP server in camera settings and adjust manually the clock the time is correct for few minutes then is back 1 hour early. I don't understand why the hour is wrong by 1 hour if the NTP server is disabled so the time should not be adjusted by anything except me.

enjoy,
Mtz

Is it possible to change which NTP server you use in the camera settings? If it is possible, see if a different NTP server gives you the same results. Do the cameras actually disable the server even if you've told them to?

Tried about 4 NTP servers. Same result. :(

It was just a thought. I was thinking maybe the original server might be experiencing a glitch.

This story is already few weeks old. I think after the international daylight saving time the hour problem appeared. But during that time I updated also the camera firmware and some time I was thinking the firmware is the problem, but for another manufacturer camera which have no firmware updates the wrong hour problem is the same.

Last edited:
You may have been sucked into a time warp. I once saw a movie about this. And it doesn't stop with dash cams. Soon a weird but beautiful woman will suddenly appear before you out of nowhere and explain that you are the one who has been chosen to save the Universe! Whatever happens just be very careful around that strange woman! (something to do with tentacles) For the sake of all of us, I hope this ends well! :blackalien::watching::smuggrin:

Last edited:
They do not follow daylight savings time changes. You can change the time offset by one hour to accommodate this when you are in that period of daylight savings

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They do not follow daylight savings time changes. You can change the time offset by one hour to accommodate this when you are in that period of daylight savings

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's not quite the problem @Mtz is describing. His cameras appear to reset themselves after changing the time zone off-set.

Last edited:
Back