iPhone 8+ cannot access Live View or recorded clips via wi-fi on DR650gw 2ch.

EnEs63

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi,

Pulling my hair out on this one!

I have a DR650gw 2ch and DR650s 2ch. My problem is the same with both dash cams.
Using my iPhone 8+ (IOS 14.1) I can connect to the dash cams wi-fi but via the BlackVue app, I cannot access live view or saved video clips. I just get a constant spinning wheel. I cannot access camera setting either.

I also have an iPad Pro (iPadOS 14.1) with the same BlackVue app and I can view Live View and recorded clips and make changes to the camera settings!

So, what is it with my iPhone 8+ that doesn’t work? I’m assuming it is an issue with the iPhone as the iPad works fine on both cams.

I have deleted the devices in wi-fi settings on the phone, made sure the BlackVue s/w is the latest, done restarts... pretty much everything I can think of but nothing solves the issue.

Any ideas, please?

If your firm is 2.011, go back to 2.008. I found this the only way to get good wifi connection to my iPhone 8 with 14.1 iOS.

Great, Thank You Ron99.

I will look to see if I can find V.2.008 and give it a try.

I am also looking at the possibility of installing an Android Infotainment system in my car. This can apparently connect to micro Wi-Fi networks from the BlackVue DR650GW?
If I go ahead with that I may be able to download and run the Android BlackVue app and get Live View from that?
I am booked for a demo with this system this week so will post to let you know the outcome.

Thanks again
All the best

Hello again,

PROBLEM FIXED!

This is to update you on progress.
Since the launch of BlackVue’s app for IOS v 3.16 last week, the problem has now been solved! I can use my iPhone 8+ for viewing captured files and live view...

Regards

Back