iPhone App / Saving Videos

BobABooey

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is the best way to see a video on the iPhone app? If I save to internal how would I view it on my computer, Share it or uploaded to YouTube then?

I drive many hours a day and if I see something I want to save I need to save it internally on the app or I will get overwritten/deleted.

Anyone else have this issue?

The only way I have found to do it is save the file to internal, then when you get home, plug your phone into your computer and use itunes to remove the files from your phone on to your computer.

BobABooey said:
What is the best way to see a video on the iPhone app? If I save to internal how would I view it on my computer, Share it or uploaded to YouTube then?

I drive many hours a day and if I see something I want to save I need to save it internally on the app or I will get overwritten/deleted.

Anyone else have this issue?
When you get home take the SD card out and put it in the PC Open it and go to the "RECORD" folder open that and copy the contents to a folder on your PC.

You can then delete the contents and it will free up space on the car for further recording.

I did that on a recent USA trip and have a movie of all the roads I drove on for 3500 miles.

The iTunes idea that Horsepower said(thank u btw) is the only way to upload the "inturnel" saved videos in the app. I drive more the 10+ house a day so if I don't save the vidoes i want internally on the iPhone app I will lose them before I get home.

What about using two cards?

Regarding the BlackVue application, I have some questions:
1.) Can you use the application to transfer files to your Iphone? I think you need just some recording, not all. So when you stop the car for some reason you can scroll and transfer the desired file.
2.) Is FTP transfer working on your devices?

I am asking you this because my Android application for my ITB-250HD have an option to transfer a file from the camera SD card to my phone storage.
Or I can use another FTP application on my smartphone to transfer many files to my phone.
And I can do all things when the camera is still recording.

enjoy,
Mtz

Any updates on this Iphone Application?

Would love to here more about how this application works. Are you able to instantly watch the video on your Iphone and save the videos?

With a jail broken iphone, you can go into the blackvue folder and upload the files to your dropbox account in ifile. Blackvue should add the export feature since it's not hard to do.

Mtz said:
What about using two cards?

Regarding the BlackVue application, I have some questions:
1.) Can you use the application to transfer files to your Iphone? I think you need just some recording, not all. So when you stop the car for some reason you can scroll and transfer the desired file.
2.) Is FTP transfer working on your devices?

I am asking you this because my Android application for my ITB-250HD have an option to transfer a file from the camera SD card to my phone storage.
Or I can use another FTP application on my smartphone to transfer many files to my phone.
And I can do all things when the camera is still recording.

enjoy,
Mtz

1) yes, you can stream the files to see which one you want first then copy it to your iphone.
2) yes, 192.168.8.1

everything can be done while the cam is recording

horsepower said:
The only way I have found to do it is save the file to internal, then when you get home, plug your phone into your computer and use itunes to remove the files from your phone on to your computer.

Does this really work? I was wondering how to transfer my saved videos to my Mac. I am at work, but I will try when I get home.

Sorry if by bumping this ancient thread I have violated a rule, but it was the top Google search result when I began troubleshooting my iPhone - which means adding my solution could help with drive-by troubleshooting.

This was done on version v1.524 of the iOS Blackvue app

- Whilst the dashcam is running, you choose the file(s) that you want, and save it/them in the internal storage.
- From the applications main menu, go to 'internal storage', and slide the top along until you see "multi" - tap it.
- Select the file(s) that you want, and slide the top across and select "Copy to album".

From here, if you insert you iPhone/iPod/iPad/iWhatever into the computer, you can access it through the file browser (only tested on Win10, iPhone 5S).

Hope this helps.

Back