iPhone as a DashCam

scotty_in_farrell

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welp, it's time for the wife to upgrade her phone. She has a iPhone and I am thinking of telling her to not turn it in for a discount on her next choice in phones. Reason being is I would like to see how it works as a DashCam. I am currently using a $30.00 DashCam that works like **** at night. I played with my Galaxy 5s at night and it woks great but the app I was using shutdown when I would receive phone calls. Being that I drive a truck for a living you could guess I do a lot of talking while driving via my bluetooth headset. So back to the question.... those of us using the iPhone as a DashCam please let me know just what app seems to work best for you. The phone I will be trying will be the last one put out which I believe was the 5. I don't the iPhone but as a DashCam I will make an exception if it will work for me at night and give me a better video then the one I am using now.

I've researched a lot and found DuiCam which is simple to use and free. Memory use is only 390 kb. Using an old iPhone 4 it's not overheated which is I think down to fact DuiCam is so simple has no maps, gps or other stuff I don't need. (Also not using a case.) Getting a 3 metre cable and wide angle lens from eBay as iPhone lens not wide enough for peripheral vision.

Back