Iroad battery backup problem

chunky98

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys looking a bit of advice please. I have the Thinkware F800 pro and purchased the Iroad battery pack for continuous recording. I got it installed by an auto spark but he said the instructions were very vague, mostly in Chinese. After the unit was installed he said it was charging. I cannot connect to the unit via bluetooth and after the car is switched off the dashcam goes off and the iroad doesn't kick in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

There are some details here:

I would start by trying to work out if the battery actually charges when the engine is running, and try to connect via bluetooth.
The instructions say there is a LED and also a bluetooth pairing button, have you paired it with your phone?

Last edited:
There are some details here:

I would start by trying to work out if the battery actually charges when the engine is running, and try to connect via bluetooth.
The instructions say there is a LED and also a bluetooth pairing button, have you paired it with your phone?
I did search for the iroad on the app although it said no devices. I will try that tonight Joe. Thanks for your advice

Look like a very generic korean product, the batteries from Gnet look much the same.

"he said the instructions were very vague " bother me a little, a expert i assume should be able to wire such a simple thing in with next to no manual.
There are 5 wires ( at least on the Gnet model ) and 2 ( thick wires ) of those are to power / charge the dashcam battery, the other 3 are to use with 2 or 3 wire hard wire kit.

gnet dashcam batte wirering..jpg

Look like a very generic korean product, the batteries from Gnet look much the same.

"he said the instructions were very vague " bother me a little, a expert i assume should be able to wire such a simple thing in with next to no manual.
There are 5 wires ( at least on the Gnet model ) and 2 ( thick wires ) of those are to power / charge the dashcam battery, the other 3 are to use with 2 or 3 wire hard wire kit.

View attachment 51134

View attachment 51134
Thanks very much for your advice!

Back