Iroad ODBII power cable

DJAY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone hear or have used this on their dashcam? It seems you can wire it to the ODB port instead of hardwiring which makes it easy to install now. Also has parking mode so you don't have to have a professional installer anymore.

Iroad ODBII power cable

Yes, manufacturers are beginning to use the plug OBD-II for power supply dashcam. This greatly simplifies the process of connecting the power supply and there is no need to look for the fuse or circuit you need to connect to. Some description of the features of the OBDII interface can be found here: Using the OBDII plug MiniQ9 dash camera for Power Supply...
However, there is a lot of unclear information on the Iroad cable: what switches the switch, what parameters are there, in the Quick Guide specification there is almost no information:
OBD-II POWER CABLE
Model: IROAD OBD-II Powercable
Model Number JW-100 / JW-200
Input DC 12V ~ 15V
Output DC 12V ~ 15V
Output current Max 1.8A
Operating Temperature -40 ~ 85 C
Overcurrent shutdown Min 3.4A

:rolleyes:
And some kind of overpriced.

i have some tech info but not sure what i can share it because i see at file: for internal use only

My concern would be.. what fuse blows if you overload it. And.. how much of the car stops working.

iroad provide 2 version, for Electric and for Fuel & Hybrid Vehicle. I have the Working Scenario for OBD II by iroad but fuse depended on your car, not module.
- Power cut off if lower than 11.2V
cars with system stop-go is supported like i see in my doc description

Screenshot_66.jpg

Back