Iroad Power Pack LiFePO4

OptimalKiller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9663DR
Evening all, I normally dont post on this forum however I am a regular visitor to this site, however I just wanted to mention this particular a unique product

Just purchased this bad boy

http://iroadkr.co.kr/global/?page_id=6127

IROAD POWER PACK PLUS
[13,600mA / 174.08wh]

I always run my cameras using a battery pack, my previous install was using a cellink b 2.0 and thinkware F770

I got the cellink b imported from Australia, cost me an absolute bomb especially the shipping taxes, as at the time of purchase over a year ago now give or take, there was no uk supplier not even amazon was supplying such devices.

Anyway so I got a new car and wanted to install 2 x 1 ch dashcam so I opted for the following devices

Vicovation Opia 2 for the front dashcam
Vicovation MF3 for the rear dashcam

Now the install was not a straight forward practice issues involved the following

DAB Interference on Rear Dashcam
A Pillar Air bags
B Pillar Air bags
Rear pillar Air bag
back ache :)

However the Battery pack was a straight forward process. What I found was very usefully was the ability to using the Android/Iphone app which allows me to check the battery status of the Iroad Battery pack,

It tells me the following

status of input/output voltage and amps
allows me to configure the device as ACC/B+ input source

Even allows me to set a voltage cutoff

Now must admit the instructions on how to configure the device is awful, However I have managed to configure the device, but what I was really impressed about is the capacity of the device and the ability to monitor the battery, which to me is quiet important and quiet a unique selling point over the cellink b device.

Looks good, thanks for sharing. It's nice to see more high quality power packs like this on the market.

Your unit has more than double the capacity of the Cellink B (6000mA).

Now we are talking, that's pretty cool and also what i would want in a parking mode system.
I would however like even more MAH at my disposal, and unit size bother me little.

What did the unit cost you ?

@kamkar1 @michael007

Cost of the unit was £280 pounds and the size is not to bad Installed my unit underneath the spare tire, in the boot, this was quite handy as the car battery is fuse box is located in the rear.

I decided to fuse tap it instead of directly wiring to the battery. Its well built and the most handy thing about this is the bluetooth app, which tells me the input and output voltage and of course how much battery I have left.

If you wire directly to the battery you can setup the device to stop charging if it hits a particular voltage, e.g. stops draining the car battery.

Currently I have setup the device with the ability to provide power via USB or via Cigarette adaptor.

The only Issue I have is getting decent cameras.

So far I have installed and remove the following

Opia2 (FOV was to Wide)
Thinkware F100

Now I am running 2 x DDPAI mini 2 I like the shape same as Blackvue but video quality is poor.

Going to invest in the new Blackvue 750S when it get released and if the quality is good. or the other option is DOD RC500S

If anybody want to see photos of the Iroad in the boot just shout.

Last edited:
Size do not bother me though i drive a mini almost micro car, but the price seem big compared to USB power banks, that cant quite do the same and have lipo and not lifepo4 batteries inside, but otherwise have pretty much the same hardware inside.

yes you could run standard powerbanks, However the beatty of LifePO4 batteries is the durability, safety and also the super fast quick charge, compared to standard powerbanks.

I don't want to keep taking out powerbanks and charging them, so yes its a high price but certainly worth it. Also would not feel comfortably running a standard powerbank in hot temperatures, but I live in the UK so hot temperatures are rare. :)

No i would want something that's in my car permanently and that charge fast when the car are on, i can accept USB power banks as a temporary solution or a once in a while thing.
I use lifePO4 in one of my RC transmitters.

I dont know about the LIFE version but my lipo flashlight 18650 batteries i normally charge with a modest 1 A and if i am in a rush i can and will use 2 A
But the little round batteries do seem to have a lesser C value ( both charge and discharge ) than the ones that run my RC cars.

The RC batteries are often 5 C ( charge ) and discharge on my batteries are at least 30 C and some are even 90 C where as the little round 18650 or 26650 batteries seem to be 1 C or even less ( recommended charge rate my maker ) but their discharge C are a higher.

Back