IROAD T10 live streaming using iPhone question.

m317

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi all! I am a user of iroad T10 dash cam (both front and rear) and have a question regarding pairing it with iPhone (iPhone 6 in my case) and using the iPhone as an additional ‘backup’ camera (apart from car’s built in rear view camera for backing), so as to monitor my rear surroundings and have the opportunity to glance at it from time to time, if necessary.
I use Jaewoncnc app on the iPhone and the iPhone is attached to the dashboard.
After a few minutes of no input on the display a message from the app pops up on the screen saying: “Warning. No input for 5 minutes, so go back to main screen”, after which I need to manually set the live streaming again, which I’d rather to be there all the time for security reasons.
Is there any way to keep the constant live streaming on without me having to physically touch the screen at all and, thus, distracting me? I’d wish to turn that 5-minute feature with no input off or overcome it somehow, please.
Auto-lock in iPhone’s settings is set to “never”, but it doesn’t help.
Your help and advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Try a test with an Android smartphone over Android 6 to see if is a problem with your firmware from iPhone.

enjoy,
Mtz

Many thanks for your suggestion. I’ve tried it with some old Galaxy S3 and, while I could connect it using the app, there was no live streaming and the app crashed all the time.
I’ll try some other Android phones, though. Thank you.

Just tried it out with a new Android phone and the latest firmware, but the issue is the same- i.e. the iroad app (Jaewoncnc ver 1.6.8) closes right after 5 minutes with no user input on the phone’s screen.
It seems it’s an app thing, after all. Does anyone know how to overcome this silly feature?
Or, better yet, are there any alternative apps to use iroad products with that you know of?
Many thanks for any help!iroad IMG_3946.PNG

Looking at your error, it means it is an app "feature" not an Android 5 "feature" like I had with some Wi-Fi CCTV camera. You should post this picture error from the first time.
As you can see, the app wants some action from you like touching the smartphone display or buttons.
I don't know if using camera on motion detection can overpass this problem. You should ask the developer about this "feature" but I think they don't like to use it more than 5 minutes, seems like a protection against some behaviour

enjoy,
Mtz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rcg530 IROAD 15
rcg530 IROAD 3
C IROAD 1
F IROAD 0
J IROAD 0
Back