Is 128gb SD card really the maximum size for Nextbase 522GW?

Ok, I just installed a Samsung Evo Select 512GB 100MB/s U3 MicroSDXC (MB-ME512GA/AM) memory card. It formats up just fine and the camera is recording. I'll report back here once I've run it for a couple of weeks.
Hi, I've bough a

Samsung EVO Plus 256GB microSDXC 100MB/s U3 C10 Fast App Load 4K at Bestbuy last week for my Nextbase 622GW. It worked fine for around 3 days and after that, everytime I turn it on and it start recording for 2-3 seconds and blocks. I tried to remove the micro sd card and the dashcam works fine and doesn't block.

I feel like maybe the microsd reached it's full capacity after the 3 first days and now it's not able to auto-delete the oldest videos by it's own...

Someone help please?

Raparks, is yours still working?
Do I need to format it or change format or something from my computer before putting it back inside my dashcam?

Thank you guys in advance!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2021-10-25 à 15.27.50.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2021-10-25 à 15.27.50.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • Capture d’écran, le 2021-10-25 à 15.28.07.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2021-10-25 à 15.28.07.png
    471.2 KB · Views: 2
Can you run the card through H2testw just to confirm it's OK

I got a 1TB micro SD card, (SanDisk SDSQXCD-1T00-GN6MA, Amazon ASIN: B09X7CFLDF, sold by Amazon) to see if my 522GW, now with version R23.7, would take it. AFAIK, H2testw doesn't work on MacOS so I used F3 & the screenshot shows that the card is ok. The other screenshot shows that the dash cam recognises the card & I recorded a few seconds of video to make sure it worked.

Attachments

• F3 checking  1TB mSD card.jpg
    F3 checking 1TB mSD card.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 522GW showing 1TB card ok.jpg
    522GW showing 1TB card ok.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 4
I've finally managed to fill the 1TB on the 522GW, although it doesn't fill completely. The card formats OK & the 522 reports the card size as being 953.4GB but it won't record more than 949.4GB. Not sure why the remaining ~4GB isn't used. It then deletes the oldest recording, drops to 949.2GB & continues to record up to 949.4GB, repeat...... I put the card into my MacBook & filled the remaining 4.53GB space with renamed dash cam files (Finder now says 186MB free). I put the card back in & the 522 reports 950.7GB used space so don't understand why the ~3GB remaining isn't useable. Might not be an error & something to do with the way the 522 firmware measures/reports card volume & usage. Either way, just some info for those who are experiencing some confusion with reported card size & usage but to confirm that the 1TB card works OK.522GW - 1TB full.jpg

So that is providing you approximately 62 hours of recording ( if only recording in HD). 31 Hours if Dual recording . And the point was? Just to see if it could? Not at criticism, just curious.

Yeah, pretty much that - just to see if it could. It was also to do with Nextbase saying that they'd only recommend their own cards up to a certain size, so thought I'd see how far it'd go. I appreciate they can't test every card available - so many options (read/write rate, manufacturer, speed class, size, etc) but I thought they would've tested more. I see Kioxia have made a 2TB microSD card but I bet that'll have an eye-watering price tag & I'm not that dedicated to this wee experiment to buy it. A 1TB card is a fair expense to find it doesn't work in the dashcam & there might be folk that can't use the card somewhere else so it was also to save them wasting their money (I can use it in my MacBook as extra storage so didn't mind spending the money).

Back