Is a new model of the SG9665GC on the way?

BlueF150

Reaction score
Country
United States
I read elsewhere in this forum that the Chinese company that makes the A118C is coming out with an A119 in the next few months. Just wondering if Street Guardian will be updating to a new model as well.

Thank you for that. I can't seem to get GPS to work on my A118C, and was thinking of just getting the best one out there.

I do think Rick / jokiin have somthing new in the mind for the single cameras too, but i think the dual channel is taking up all his time at the moment, and the current cameras can still hold ther own in a fight against most cameras.
I think its a good desission and focus on the dual setup as it is a highly sought after solution that has yet to be done well, and then let the single cameras sell them self which i think they do well by now, and will continue to do for for a good while depending on how radical new stuff the other companies bring to the table, and i see no radical changes there for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
Okay just had my grey goo in gear, and i do seem to remember a 9665GC looking camera with no screen spotted on a poste at a trade show last year, and i belive that was a wifi version,
But it might be scrapped, who need wifi anyway when you have a little screen.
Personal i see no reason to launch such a product with no screen but otherwise same form factor, only factor could be price, but i doubt thats anything worthwhile when all is said and done and apps and what not is made.
To me wifi just seem to compile the possible issues with a given camera.

we're busy on 2 channel at the moment, there's a big demand from our retail channel for it and it's taking a bit of time to get right, the SG9665GC is still here to stay and we'll keep working on firmware improvements and fine tuning of the product, when the time is right we'll do an updated single camera model, the no LCD WiFi version of the GC is more expensive to do and so far has had limited interest, we still have things I want to improve in the GC before I would contemplate another variant anyway so if we do release that model it will only before we have sorted everything in the GC version, we're here for the long haul though, not rushing models out just for the sake of saying we have it

Thats what i gathered just from this forum. ppl really like to have a dual channel setup, and as we know no one really knocked it out of the park yet with those.

I am not fully on bord with the 2 versions, dual wired cameras and then the "usioal" setup too, but i gather its not a big technical problem with having 2 models.
Actually i am thinking maybe they both have the same main unit housing, one version just have 1 camera in the main unit and the other have both cameras on a wire so you can hide the main unit.

Well i am somewhat of a cornercutting expert ;)

I hope you choose a better chipset this time that allows more flexibility in programming and features vs the Novatek.

Onward and upward :cool:

Back