Is ACC fuse the best to trigger parking mode?

ivanilas

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hi folks,

I own a Honda Civic Sport Plus 10th generation (2019). It has keyless entry and start/stop button to start accessories and engine.

I was thinking, why should I choose the ACC fuse to trigger the parking mode. What I want to accomplish is to trigger the parking mode when I lock the car (instead of when I shut off the engine and accessories). Also, I prefer to untrigger the parking mode once I unlock the car.

The reason is the following. When I park my car and shut off the engine, I get out of the car, close the door, open the trunk, get my stuff, close the trunk and finally lock the car. I'm afraid that if parking mode is on, it will register all those activities as incidents.

On the other way around: I unlock the car, open the trunk, put my stuff in there, close the trunk, open the door, close the door, push start button to activate accessories and start the engine. Same issue, I'm afraid that it will pick all those as incidents.

So at the end, I will always have false alarm incidents, which I will always ignore. So at some point, I might ignore a real incident.

I hope you get my point.

So, in that case, why is it everywhere suggested to use the ACC fuse? Is there an alternative to mitigate those issues?

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I'm about to purchase Thinkware Q800 pro

Back