Is anyone using the Snap N Go OBD power cord instead of the Power Magic Pro?

El Beaner

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking about adding parking mode to my camera and this seems easier than having to find and tap a batter source

Here is what I am referring to
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07BCWX2MM
71ahvcd-DkL._SX522_.jpg

check your vehicle and see where the OBD port is, in a lot of cases these types of things aren't suitable as they hang out too far, can't get panel covers on, hit them with your feet etc

I won't take a risk to connect a dashcam to this OBD plug.
Fuse tap is easier and safer.

I'm not a fan of this product for so many reasons. I think it is designed for people that want a clean installation without the need for hard wiring. Hard-wiring is relatively easy. The lighting in the headliner or power that feeds the rear-view mirror is typically easy to splice into. Can be done with or without power magic pro depending on if you want the camera running when you are not in it.

I am.

Just installed it, had it for a week and so far no problem whatsoever. Easy quick fix.

Does this run the camera from permanent power or switched power? You'd have to think switched otherwise it'll drain your battery but OBD only specifies pin 16 as permanent Battery power?

I use one when travelling on business and have to rent a car..... Easy-peasy and no damage done to the rental..!!

Back