Is beeping normal

atatbl

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I had my cam installed a couple months ago. Everything has been functioning well, as far as I can tell. I've reviewed video and become accustomed to the firmware update and re-doing my settings afterwards, as well as formatting the SD card in the camera (I purchased the SD card from Street Guardian as well).

I've noticed that whenever a new "clip" (I have this set to 3 minutes versus the 1 or 5 option) starts there will often be a single chirp/beep. I don't know it ALWAYS does this as it's not very loud and I'm often listening to music. It has happened enough that when I catch it I hit the menu button to get the screen to come on and I see it's always within about 5 seconds of a new clip starting.

Any guesses here?

Thanks!

Did your bundle come with a silver Transcend memory card?
I don't think so. I've removed it a few time and it's black and what I would call "normal" for an SD card. It was purchased as a kit (from Street Guardian) via Amazon in Nov of 2018 if that helps.

I don't think so. I've removed it a few time and it's black and what I would call "normal" for an SD card. It was purchased as a kit (from Street Guardian) via Amazon in Nov of 2018 if that helps.

Can you check if it’s Transcend, Samsung or Sandisk? (We use all three)

We had a handful of Transcend cards cause the beeping issue and are replacing them. Even if it’s Samsung or Sandisk could still be a bad card but we for sure have a small bad batch of Transcend cards we are replacing that have the same condition you described.

Can you check if it’s Transcend, Samsung or Sandisk? (We use all three)

We had a handful of Transcend cards cause the beeping issue and are replacing them. Even if it’s Samsung or Sandisk could still be a bad card but we for sure have a small bad batch of Transcend cards we are replacing that have the same condition you described.

You nailed it! Thank you for convincing me to go check! It's silver on the side facing away from me when I insert it. 128GB.

For what it's worth, the card has captured video that I later moved to my CP. I don't like the beeping but I'm glad it wasn't so faulty that it caused loss of video.

You nailed it! Thank you for convincing me to go check! It's silver on the side facing away from me when I insert it. 128GB.

For what it's worth, the card has captured video that I later moved to my CP. I don't like the beeping but I'm glad it wasn't so faulty that it caused loss of video.

Please email or private message me your details. We’ll swap it out immediately.

Back