Is DAB211 worth buying?

Edith

Reaction score
Country
China
there are lots of traffic now, so i decide to buy a dashcam, my friend recommend azdome dab211, I have checked the camera from their website, the features are Ambarella A12, night vision, built-in GPS, HDR, etc

there are so many features i don't know, is it a good camera?

is the camera worth to buy?

Howdy and welcome :D

If I remember correctly (iirc) ??? ... I was looking into getting one of those and asked US Retailer 'Capture Your Action' about them.
I think he said that he used to sell them but doesn't anymore due to a flaw. He didn't say what it was ... only I had been reading about the plastic mount breaking, so I assume that is it?
I decided to give it a miss ... and review them again down the track when, hopefully that particular problem is resolved. The manufacturer must've known about it ... only appeared a bit slow to upgrade to a more suitable plastic.

Hope I've connected the dots correctly here?

It doesn't seem like a popular choice around here ... so if there are any problems ... it is better to have a Cam that folks are more familiar with when requiring assistance. If you purchase your Cam from a local Retailer ... and they visit this forum ... you are safe if anything goes wrong with it, which can happen.

Viofo, Street Guardian and DOD (now that a Rep has come on board in the forum) ... are safe bets

Last edited:
If I recall correctly @Moon was asking about the DAB205 awhile back, not the DAB211. The DAB205 is the one I cannot recommend at this time.

I actually have a DAB211 that I bought to test out for possible resale. It has been in and out of my car for the past 5-6 months. It has been very reliable so far and I like the look and feel of it. I think the mounts could be a little better, but they are OK. The reason I have not purchased any stock in these yet is I think the firmware still needs tweaking. I feel the image quality should be better given it's specs. Dome has sent me a few different firmware versions and I have not had time to test them all out yet, but so far I haven't been impressed. It's possible that my sample camera has a hardware issue as some video samples I've seen online are better than what I'm getting. I will continue to test it out though.

So "Edith" works for Dome but pretends to be interested in Dome DAB211? That's good. He/she should be banned for sleazy marketing...

Back