Is GoPro the right type of camera?

el Producente

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Dash Cam
list is too long
If you are not sure if GoPro is the right type of camera for what you plan to shoot,
I tried to work out some use cases with focus on vlog and travel videos in which GoPro Hero7 black (or action camera) is the best camera,
and in which scenarios DJI Osmo Pocket and Insta360 One X prevail.

Best Travel and Vlog Camera - Review & Comparison

I'm also interested in your opinion to extend my article. Let me know what you think are the Pros and Cons of GoPro!

The one x are actually a cool camera, i would like to play with one for a little while.
The super long "selfie" stick and the drifter "dart" can give you some far out shots.

But if i was to go on a holiday i would still bring a camcorder for my main shooter.
And i am never going to point a camera at myself, in this way i see cameras just as i see guns, so don't point it at anything you don't want to "kill"

Drifter dart is no more (company has told vendors to cancel orders). You will have to 3dPrint yourself though (already Stl design available on thingiverse).
I would not risk it though, if the camera doesn't land as expected you'll end up with scratches on the lens.
That's the main issue, you have to treat it carefully.
App is pretty good and desktop sofware also (I am on ios-mac).

Yeah i would clearly prefer someone on the other end catching the damn thing before it hit the ground, not least over a harder surface, on a law or something like that i might chance it.

To be honest when i first saw i was thinking, "this are not going to end well"

in the shadow of the preview videos you could see that the catcher used a reversed umbrella to catch it.
Looked like an awesome effect, wasn't sure about everyday use. (Similar to bullet time)

The one x are actually a cool camera, i would like to play with one for a little while.
The super long "selfie" stick and the drifter "dart" can give you some far out shots.

But if i was to go on a holiday i would still bring a camcorder for my main shooter.
And i am never going to point a camera at myself, in this way i see cameras just as i see guns, so don't point it at anything you don't want to "kill"
And I'd mad at that gun toter!!

in the shadow of the preview videos you could see that the catcher used a reversed umbrella to catch it.
Looked like an awesome effect, wasn't sure about everyday use. (Similar to bullet time)

tried bullettime with the included cable + 3d printed anti-spin stabilizer FIN (it works)

Not that impressed though

Back