Is it a scam? Front car suddenly stopped when turning left in London with no obstruction in front

Is it a scam?

• Yes, it is highly likely a scam

• No, it is just normal.

Results are only viewable after voting.

hotukdeal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it a scam? Front car suddenly stopped when turning left in London with no obstruction in front of that car.

Video:

It looks like he changed his mind about parking there, or going in there.

Probably not a scam in this case but that would be a good one and you would be at fault for hitting something directly in front of you. They were turning in and you expected them to drive in a reasonable and logical manner (as you would drive) yet they did not. You were modulating your speed and braking and compensating all while still expecting them to behave as you would and complete their turn. Technically, they were driving erratically but you put yourself into a trap and almost ran out of room because of that expectation. :) I have done that before. Now, I expect people to do exactly opposite of what I think they should do and I don't give them the opportunity to suck me in.

The take away is that many people are nuts and do not have a clue and that we can never count on other drivers to follow the rules or to be consistent and predictable in their driving.

The driver of that cab is lost and a poor driver. He pulled out from the prior street, driving slowly, etc.

Likely not a scam. It's also a company car, which I doubt is good business for the company.

It's a private hire car. So-called professional driver! I wonder if they all have U.K. driving licences.

Probably his GPS told him that was a shortcut. :)

I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t following his sat nav, and maybe got his distance wrong.

mine often says “take the next left . . . . . in 300 yards” I bet he heard “take the next left” and he turned

one has to keep a good distance behind the car in front for a good many legitimate reasons and now also for these crash for cash nutters

so I think it was just someone who didn’t know the area and not a crash for cash

No scam, just an idiot drive, but you would likely been at fault still. Always expect the unexpected!

Just "head-up-arse."

Eastern Avenue, Redbridge. That driving quality is about par for the area. If I'm not mistaken the minicab was representing Redbridge Radio Cars and really should know the area better....

Minicab driver looking for an address, at least he apologised.

Looks like regular NAV unit panic, so the NAV unit say turn left in 50 Meters, but the driver just hear turn left and do so right away.
Its what often send people down motorway off ramps into oncoming traffic.
I have even made this mistake myself turning too early, which have made me apprehensive about NAV unit directions, so now i would rather overshoot a turn and reroute that turn too early.

Back