Is it any wonder why there are so many rear-ending accidents in Rockville?

S P

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2
Yeah, just slam on your brakes without warning and no turn signal, and without any ability to even clear the main lanes, and just expect people behind you to stop. OH WAIT!!!! Most people are either tailgating or on their damned phones, so the combination of so much of this is precisely how soooo many rear-ending accidents occur here on "the pike" (355) here in Rockville, MD.

Have been pulling files regularly, but way too busy lately to make clips and post. It's getting really bad around here, as expected. I nearly got into a head-on collision this morning because some twat couldn't figure out which side of the road they were supposed to be on in their big stupid Infiniti SUV taking my son to soccer practice, and then on the way back I had some stupid woman slam her brakes on to stop for a green light. Then there was yet another all three lanes texting and not moving on green "issue", and then another stupid woman was blocking up an entire shopping center exit, and then brake checked me when I dared to tap my horn at her.

So I've quit driving for the weekend. Had some places to go but said to hell with it. We'll go tomorrow and hopefully people will have pulled their heads out of their asses. And I'll have my wife drive. I have a feeling I'm going to have to mute audio on a bunch of these clips when I finally get around to posting them. My mouth lately... :rolleyes::eek:

Oh wow, that's between my college and taco bell, lol.

Nope, I'm an I-270 guy :)

Gotta love the pike, it's always a traffic cluster****

Ah, you see all the same crap that I do then!

There was another turnoff like not even 100 meters up the road to get into the same set of shops, or they could have just made a U-turn at the next goddamned light!

Oh wait... That would actually require a f*cking brain or a bit of common sense, which very few people seem to have around here. o_O

I'm seriously done with driving this weekend. We're going a few places tomorrow, but I'm going to have my wife drive.

/me remembering this old classic.

me remembering this old classic.
I went and bought the CD for this song after you posted the video before.

Also when two members can go That's next to X place I go to cameras must really be catching on. I love it.

Oh wait... That would actually require a f*cking brain or a bit of common sense, which very few people seem to have around here.

In all the places I've been (and that's a lot) nowhere have I seen a requirement to have a functioning brain in order to get a Driver's License. In fact, I think having that here disqualifies you (but I look stupid enough so they didn't ask questions about that).

All you can do is try to chill and survive whether they survive their stupidity or not. Drive with FIDO in mind: Forget It, Drive On. Otherwise the stress will kill you early leaving them the winner :eek:

Phil

Drive with FIDO in mind: Forget It, Drive On. Otherwise the stress will kill you early leaving them the winner :eek:

Phil
I've come to a point where I face situations such as these like if I struck gold. I don't let them get to me as much as before, now I only think "I got another scumbag/dirtbag/douchbag/d*ckhead/chickenhead/blockhead/pinhead/moron/idiot/twat/wanker/imbecile/knob/tool/a**hole/a**hat (you name it) on camera" and it's just pleasing. :)
Perhaps this is turning me into something worst than a stressed driver (time will tell) but at least it won't prevent me from going out whenever I need.

Also when two members can go That's next to X place I go to cameras must really be catching on. I love it.

It's actually pretty funny, a friend of mine has a dashcam too, but I didn't meet him through anything dashcam related. There's also a Volkswagen in my college parking lot that has a dashcam.

When I went to Vancouver I saw at least 10 cars with a dashcam in a week, which was amazing.

Here's another few quick selections...

Couldn't even take my son to soccer practice on Saturday morning without nearly getting into a head-on collision by an idiot in a massive Infiniti SUV that couldn't figure out what side of the road he ought to be on. No time to look or judge distance or anything, just get on my brakes and stop, and pray. Jackass!!!

Here's one for comic relief. (My wife is Asian so I'm allowed to make snarky comments about Asians :p)

Then we spotted Ballistic BJ Baldwin this morning going full throttle in his street truck thinking it was his race truck. Another light later I just happened to punk him away from the light, which he was none too happy about and had to go tearing past me again. Couldn't really see, but could hear, as he went cutting in and out of lanes and full throttle and probably 70-80+ in a 40 zone. SMH!!!

I won't even bother with red light runners, people all texting on green, or even stopping on green. That's just every day and every light now. I have a half dozen of those just from this weekend. Yup, exactly as predicted, anything around any holiday and people lose it and no longer have the brain capacity to handle normal life and their driving at the same time.

I already told you: listen to REM. They know best. :rolleyes: :D

My audio is off because my de-stress is to drive and look where I should be looking (not at someone else) doing what I'd normally do as I audibly comment about their heritage, intelligence, and legitimacy in as creative a way as I can conjure up ATM. Thus I've actively done something about it so I can let go of it. And I can now out-cuss anybody :rolleyes:

But the main thing is that they have not had a lasting impact on me. Having a big, old, ugly van helps too- it's nothing accomplished to out-run me, any decent 4 cylinder can do it. I've got enough dents on it to make people consider where they came from and what they would look like if we collided so they generally give me enough room. And I don't have an attitude about 'owning' any part of the road- you want to pass, be my guest. You want to run a red light while I've got the green go ahead- I'll try not to hit you (but if I do your little car is going to look like a stomped on beer can with you inside of it) . About all I will do is let off the accelerator if you're tailgating me too close for too long, none of this "brake check" crap which indicates a driver attitude problem. I set the example of how I'd like them to drive paying attention, signalling turns at the proper point, allowing someone to get over into my lane (unless they have zoomed ahead of the line trying to cut in at the last moment), and driving at a normal speed in a safe, steady, and reasonable manner.

You see, I have this dashcam and it shows an unbiased history of all of this (except the cussing) which I will present as evidence to prove that 100% of the problem was in others, not me, so if you crash into me in the end I will be the winner. That's a very comforting thought :cool:

Phil

My audio is off because my de-stress is to drive and look where I should be looking (not at someone else) doing what I'd normally do as I audibly comment about their heritage, intelligence, and legitimacy in as creative a way as I can conjure up ATM. Thus I've actively done something about it so I can let go of it. And I can now out-cuss anybody :rolleyes:

But the main thing is that they have not had a lasting impact on me. Having a big, old, ugly van helps too- it's nothing accomplished to out-run me, any decent 4 cylinder can do it. I've got enough dents on it to make people consider where they came from and what they would look like if we collided so they generally give me enough room. And I don't have an attitude about 'owning' any part of the road- you want to pass, be my guest. You want to run a red light while I've got the green go ahead- I'll try not to hit you (but if I do your little car is going to look like a stomped on beer can with you inside of it) . About all I will do is let off the accelerator if you're tailgating me too close for too long, none of this "brake check" crap which indicates a driver attitude problem. I set the example of how I'd like them to drive paying attention, signalling turns at the proper point, allowing someone to get over into my lane (unless they have zoomed ahead of the line trying to cut in at the last moment), and driving at a normal speed in a safe, steady, and reasonable manner.

You see, I have this dashcam and it shows an unbiased history of all of this (except the cussing) which I will present as evidence to prove that 100% of the problem was in others, not me, so if you crash into me in the end I will be the winner. That's a very comforting thought :cool:

Phil
All of this is nice, but there's a bit of a difference when you're in a big ol van, and I'm in a tiny little convertible. If Mr. F*ckwad doesn't figure out which side of the road he's supposed to be on in time, I'm just plain going to get killed, because he'll be going over the top of me. It doesn't help that I have very powerful protective instincts, or that I'm a Scorpio and expect way too much from people, like staying on their own damned side of the road, but I can't help any of this. It's who and what I am. Maybe I'll trade in for a Raptor, because at least then if some asswad wants to do something stupid, there's little chance of me or my family being hurt.

All of this is nice, but there's a bit of a difference when you're in a big ol van, and I'm in a tiny little convertible. If Mr. F*ckwad doesn't figure out which side of the road he's supposed to be on in time, I'm just plain going to get killed, because he'll be going over the top of me. It doesn't help that I have very powerful protective instincts, or that I'm a Scorpio and expect way too much from people, like staying on their own damned side of the road, but I can't help any of this. It's who and what I am. Maybe I'll trade in for a Raptor, because at least then if some asswad wants to do something stupid, there's little chance of me or my family being hurt.
i was trying to find the video where Jeremy Clarkson said he actually really liked the Ford Velociraptor (Hennesey) he was driving, but can't find it... but here's an article about it: http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-hennessey-velociraptor-600-2014/

I find this title funny now. I got rear ended in Rockville today, lol.

Stopped in a stop sign, didn't go because a bus was coming and the guy just hit me :(

Back