Is it important to mount at the center middle of the car?

blink

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Is it important to mount at the center middle (middle of rear view mirror) of the car?

I see some people mount it nearer to the side of the front passenger seat (nearer to the left/right side of rear view mirror)

I was thinking if an accident happened and caused by other cars, maybe due to not in lane, change lane, would not mounting in the center be a problem, because it is hard to determine if you driving in the lane or not just by viewing the video, because the position of cam is not at the center and the fish eye wide angle effect of the dash cam might make it look like you are not in the lane. The video might not to be a good evidence since it is not showing that you are driving in the center of the lane.

I am not sure if I am thinking too much.

I am wondering how important is it to mount the cam at the center of the car?

Thanks

From what I gather, there are no written rule in placing the cam in the centre, however, check if there are any law regulations that prevent you from placing at some parts of the windscreen.

the centre is more commonly used just because it is in the centre and close to the rear view mirror and to prevent it being centre of attraction as well as the FOV

I find it is more discreet in the centre as it blends in with the rear view mirror stuff, especially the SG9665GC. The more OEM it looks the less likely someone will try and smash the window to steal it.

Back